We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya - wedding venue

1 post
2 reviews
Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya - wedding venue

Hi all

I'm currently researching venues in Khao Lak to hold our wedding with around 50 guests of varying budgets. I've found the Pullman (previously Le Meridien) but have not seen any reviews of anyone who has held their wedding here. Could you experts out there please let me know what you think of this hotel in regards to it being a location of a western wedding? And if anyone has got married here, what did you do for a hens/stag do? We'd like to leave the hotel and head somewhere more lively (and with cheaper booze!) - any suggestions?

Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya - wedding venue

The Pullman is located on the best part of the best beach in Khao Lak, beautiful Pak Weeb Beach. See pics from last November through April at https:/… It was popular for weddings as Le Meridien and now with the greater range of accommodation with adding the former Katilya All Pool Resort to become the enlarged Pullman Katilya I'm sure it will continue to be so.

The main townships where you will find most bars and restaurants are Bang Niang about 20 minutes south and Bang La On 5 minutes or so past there. The booze may be cheaper but don't expect "party central". You can get an idea of evening entertainment in Khao Lak in this link tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c202327/Kha…

The new Build Factory, a modern Thai Style Night Club just outside Bang Niang will I'm sure prove a good Hens/Stag venue - see video at https://vimeo.com/117554930

For cheaper eats and drinks on other than Hen/Stag Night there is a row of local restaurants and bars on the right just up from the Pullman past the Beyond Resort and across the creek leading to the Mai Khao Lak Resort. Also local restaurants near the main entrance on the highway and some more to the left past the Rim Lay Restaurant and around the headland on White Sand Beach.

Sydney
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya - wedding venue

Aradona, this is very useful info as we are staying here next month and wanted to know if there were any shops or local eateries within close walking distance of the Pullman

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya - wedding venue

There is a little local shop next to main entrance and a mini-mart to the left just past the Beyond Resort but nothing much more in the immediate vicinity. For shops you need to get the resort shuttle or taxi for the 20 minute or so ride into Bang Niang for the three days a week market (Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays) and Bang la On a few minutes further on where you will find many as well as restaurants and bars.

4. Re: Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya - wedding venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak