We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Hi all,

We are hoping to stay in Khao Lak 8-12th Feb 2016. After much deliberation we have finally decided to stay at NTBR1. However, I'm now a little stumped to learn that you can only book through the website. Just concerned that there is no guarantee that the room will be there when we get there.

Can anyone shed some light on this please??

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

How is it different from booking through a third party? I've never seen a "The room will be there when you get there" guarantee.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

I asked the same question about 6 months ago and was very reassured by the answers from regulars for have stayed there many times. We just had to confirm in the month they asked us to and they emailed back and advised all confirmed.

I think that we get used to having to pay upfront or with hefty deposits that we do get a bit worried, however this is a family run business with a huge amount of repeat customers and they do it the way that obviously works for them.

Sydney
Level Contributor
125 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Agree with JustAllie. I will be staying at the Nanthong Bay in Feb 2016. Booked 3 months ago. Have been in contact once since, received an email straight back reconfirming. Will do the same in December just to make sure, which was mentioned in my original confirmation email from the resort. Not worried at all, regards Tim.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Many local resorts remain independent and prefer and use direct bookings to being contracted to 3rd party agents who take commissions and block out allocations but then releasing them when they can't sell the rooms leaving the resort struggling to sell rooms which they could have done previously. The NTBR1 and NTBR2 resorts are very popular, established and well respected resorts and if there had been any problems in rooms that had been booked not being available on arrival would have been reported on this forum instead of the continuous high praise both resorts receive.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Thanks for all your advice but unfortunately they have come back to me saying they do not have any availability during our dates. Can anyone suggest a similar style accommodation in khao lak to NTBR?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Have you tried Nang Thong Beach Resort NTBR2 its sister resort about 400 metres away. For a similar type of resort you could try the Cousin resort which is just one road back from Bang Niang Beach via website at http://www.cousinresort.com/

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

We have stayed at NTBR1 6 times and always booked by email directly with Jist at the hotel. Your booking will be confirmed by email and the room will be there when you arrive.

If you book direct by email no deposit is required, if you book through the website I am told it goes back to Germany and a deposit is requested. Use nangthongbayresort@gmail.com and all will be fine.

If they don't have availability did you ask if they had vacancy at NTBR2, which is 100m further along the beach

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

Thanks Arandora, I'll check out the cousin resort. Yes, I claire with them that all accommodation on both resorts are booked. They advised that I contact them in December but I worry that may be leaving it too late to book elsewhere if they still haven't any availability.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

I stayed in Nan Thong 2 for a week in May of this year and actually prefer it to Nan Thong 1. We booked a year ahead and didn't actually pay anything till the end of our stay and we were checking out - no deposit or anything. If they accept your booking, rest assured your room will be there when you arrive, just email the resort and book. We even arrived quite late at night, reception was closed but the security guard had our key and took us to our room with a torch!

10. Re: Booking Nang Thong Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak