We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moracea Resort

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moracea Resort

Hi there. Would just like to ask people's opinion on Moracea in khao lak.

Good location and beach? Close to bars and restaurants? Nice resort?

Any info would be great. $70/night aus good value? Thanks to all.

Cheers. Any restaurants on actual beach?

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moracea Resort

I stayed at (the now expanded) Moracea four years ago; and went back for a look and a 'walk through' in August. It's a very nice 4-star resort with a multitude of pools and 400m of prime beachfront.

The location is GREAT because it's isolated without being 'isolated'... sort of, the best of both worlds:

- by road, it's a 10-minute stroll down the hill into the south end of Bang La On (with all it's restaurants & bars). Of course, it's uphill coming back. You can also walk into town along the beach.

- it's on the north end of beautiful Sunset Beach (which IMO is nicer than Nang Thong Beach).

There was one independent restaurant on Sunset Beach (I'm not sure of the situation now). Of course, you can dine 'on the beach' at Moracea (at resort prices).

$70 AUD is not bad. I assume that's for a Superior Room - the least expensive - during low season.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moracea Resort

Great location and a wonderful beach, for walks

best swimming is down the southern end out front of the bayfront

that's another place to consider, we liked it. low season $ 70 will get you a really nice room

Andelea resto is right nearby otherwise a decent walk along the beach will bring you to quite a few

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Moracea Resort

Thanks for your info. Sorry, I should have mentioned we will be there in April 2016.

I think $70 is a good price? Hoping for a week at ramada as well but could be too expensive

Late April. Fingers crossed a good deal comes along. Thanks again.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moracea Resort

there will be plenty of "deals " between now and then.

there have also been quite a few offers at the Morecea, recently for one of the nicer rooms.

western australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moracea Resort

Hi,

We will be there next week so I can let you know as well. I am sure I will do a review when I come back so I will put up some photos.

Cheers

Sara

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Moracea Resort

Cool, thanks again everyone.

Look forward to your review Sara, have a great time, so jealous!!

Might hold out and see what deals come along as advised.

Cheers.

7. Re: Moracea Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak