We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kantary Resort Beach / area?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Kantary Resort Beach / area?

We (couple) are looking into several hotels and thinking that Kantari could be an option for 3 nights.We love swimming in the sea and will also do an excurstion to either Similan or Surin islands for snorkeling. Is Kantary's beach/sea a good option that we can combine these activities ?

PS We will be renting a motorbike so I guess that distances will be little issue.

Thank you !!!

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,216 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

The Kantary is located on Pak Weeb Beach, the most beautiful of Khao Lak's beautiful beaches. There are beach restaurants to both sides but no shops in the area and you are about 20-25 minutes by shuttle/taxi from the centre of Khao Lak. You can book tours to the Similans or Surins to your right on White Sand Beach.

If you intend hiring a scooter I hope you have a licence for driving one in your own country, otherwise it is illegal for you to drive one in Thailand. Also scooter hire does not include any insurance so you will need your own which will be invalid if you are driving illegally. See the important Travellers Article at tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c133830/Thail…

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

The Kantary is beautiful as is the beach and pools. You will have a great time.....but 3 nights won't be enough!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

Thank you!!! I am already thinking to stay more...

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

Thank you! We understand and wouldn't put ourselves in danger.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

Glad to hear that. A lot of people don't and put themselves and others in danger, sometimes with tragic results.

Enjoy!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

The beach at Kantary is beautiful, the pic in Arandora's photo tag is taken on the same beach about 300 metres south of Kantary (at The Boatyard a great beachfront cafe. I also agree with Parkers 3 nights is not enough, we stayed 5 and that could have been longer.

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
36 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

Already changing to 5 nights stay. Thank you for your input!

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

Hi

My partner and i are spending 10 nights at the kantary in December and i am wondering whether there are many restaurants within walking distance. Last December we stayed at the beyond resort and were spoilt for choice with restaurants close by, especially boom boom restaurant . Do we have anything similar near the kantary or can we walk from there up to the restaurants near the beyond?

Thanks again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kantary Resort Beach / area?

To the left of the Kantary you first have Sip Song Restaurant then the excellent Boatyard on the stretch known as Coconut Beach. To the right you have three restaurants on White Sand Beach then further on around the headland (taking care not to try and get around if the tide is in) there is the Rim Lay just before the Pullman Katilya Resort. From there you will be familiar with the stretch to the Beyond and across the creek to the Mai and the restaurants there.

Mentioned in this post
Boatyard
Boatyard
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Rim Lay
Rim Lay
203 Reviews