We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Flora vs Centara vs Sentido Graceland???

Perth
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
La Flora vs Centara vs Sentido Graceland???

Hi All,

I have spent so much time reading reviews, forums and short-listing hotels. I have narrowed down to three which all seem very different. My main criteria was a nice hotel (with either pool access or pool villa rooms) on the beach within walking distance to bars & restaurants (some evening music entertainment in the hotel is a definite plus). La Flora definitely seems to meet each of these criteria, but I still cant shake the other two. I'm keen on the pool villa at Centara but not sure about location for walking to bars and restaurants (have also read a lot of bad reviews on this place) and Sentido I have discovered is a LONG way from Bang Niang but I believe it has quite a few bars and restaurants on the beach, which we love the idea of. Sentido is also a lot cheaper than the other two, but concerned the distance from Bang Niang will be a problem. This is also our first time to Khao Lak.

Can anyone give us any advice on which way we should go? I think I am leaning towards La Flora but the difference in price between La flora and Sentido would probably go close to paying a significant portion of our spending money, but happy to pay the extra for the right place. Would appreciate anything anyone has to offer.

Thanks in advance :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Flora vs Centara vs Sentido Graceland???

Hi

When are you thinking of going? This will have a bearing on the weather and also places open or closed. High (Dry) Season is November to April. May to October is Low (Wet) Season and accommodation prices in Low Season are often half those in High Season.

In terms of location, see latest maps at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

* the La Flora is located on the widest and best part of Bang Niang Beach with easy access to lots of restaurants and bars and the three afternoons a week Bang Niang Market.

* the Centara Seaview is a split site resort either side of the access road running parallel to Nang Thong Beach which has local restaurants and bars along it then more up the beach road to the centre of Bang La On where there are lots of bars, restaurants and shops in both directions. There is direct access through the inland part of the site through Mc Donald's Plaza to the centre just further down the highway. The pool villas are in the Lagoon Wing which is in the main inland part of the site with beach access across the road - see site map at https:/…1169609929.jpg

* the Sentido Gracelands is the furthest north of Khao Lak's mainland resorts located on Bang Sak Beach with a fair number of beach restaurants and bars to its left, more to its right on Bang Sak Promenade and a couple near its main entrance. It is about 25 minutes by shuttle or taxi. There are lots of activities in and around the pol particularly in the High Season and it has its own Bowling Alley in case you need indoor entertainment.

It's all about location. Some might suggest splitting between two resorts depending on how long you are planning to stay.

Perth
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Flora vs Centara vs Sentido Graceland???

Thanks Arandora,

We are heading to Khao Lak in late November, so seemingly a good time. Seems I was confused with the location of Centara in relation to bars and restaurants. Is the walk to the centre of Bang La On far from the hotel? I'm not sure I like the idea of the split resort, but it does have a good location and is quite a bit cheaper than La Flora from what I can see.

Many thanks

Bridget

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Flora vs Centara vs Sentido Graceland???

It is direct access from the Centara so less than 5 minutes. If you walk along the beach access road then up Nang Thong Beach road that is about 15 minutes bringing you out at the Nang Thong Supermarket. So if you want to there or restaurants, bars and shops either side or you want to go further right down the highway where there are restaurants etc too, it is quicker to walk through the Centara. The split site gives you the option of lounging by the beach/beach pool or near one of its other pools.

4. Re: La Flora vs Centara vs Sentido Graceland???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2016, 10:46