We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

Hi Folks

I've just booked a trip to Thailand (February) and am working on my itinerary. I haven't been before, so am figuring things out. I'll be joining a dive group in Khao Lak and had planned to stay the previous night in Phang-Nga. Is there an easy way to get to Khao Lak from there? I can cancel my booking and find something in Khao Lak, but I'm having trouble finding something nice within my budget. I am booked at Natai House (Phang-Nga). If someone has a suggestion for a comparable place in Khao Lak, please let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga
Natai Beach Resort...
436 Reviews
Khok Kloi, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

Natai Beach is a newly developing area just north of the island of Phuket in Phang Nga Province. It is a very quiet area with some high end luxury resorts and villas and Natai House is a small (4 rooms) B&B. Reviews at tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g303917-d7597… say that is very quiet nearby. It is about 20 minutes from Phuket Airport and Khao Lak is about 40 minutes further north by taxi or about 60-90 minutes by bus from the nearest town of Khok Kloy. The highway from there runs straight through Khao Lak and the bus would stop at various places depending where you are staying.

Looking at Booking.com the rates for Natai House for February 2016 are 900 baht per night. Whilst there is accommodation in Khao Lak at that rate it is not necessarily as near to the beach as the Natai House (200 metres it appears). There is a comprehensive list of most accommodation with price ranges throughout Khao Lak at www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm This list is provided by the Sea Dragon Dive Centre who have accommodation of their own. You could also use Booking.com for your dates and price range to identify options.

Walkers Inn located across from Nang Thong Beach at the entrance to Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak with many restaurants, bars and shops, has rooms in your price range and is very popular with divers.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Natai Beach
Natai Beach
111 Reviews
Khok Kloi, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga
Natai Beach Resort...
436 Reviews
Khok Kloi, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

Thanks so much for your reply. I think it will be easier to stay in Khao Lak. I'm looking at Poseidon Bungalows - I'm always looking to be as close to water as possible. I'm a 50+ woman, and past the backpacking hostel stage, but still on a budget. Any other suggestions for accommodations would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

Poseidon Bungalows are about 10 minutes by road fbefore the Khao Lak Beach area which is the first of KL's beaches you reach coming from Phuket Airport. That area has local restaurants and bars and is about a 10 minute further ride across the mountain into Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak. Poseidon Beach continues on to Khao Lak Beach with some local beach restaurants along the way but rocks at high tide prove an obstacle. The Poseidon restaurant is perched over the river estauary and at times you can see fish and sometimes turtles swimming by. The nearby Baan Khao Lak Restaurant just down the road is a really nice local restaurant.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Baan Karon Resort
Baan Karon Resort
157 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

It sounds just my speed. I've sent a message and hope I can make a booking. Thanks again for your tips!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

Khaolak youth club very good for price from reviews. I haven't been but I've booked for December.

6. Re: Travel to Khao Lak from Phang-Nga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2016, 13:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations