We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

Hi, we are thinking of travelling to Khao Lak during this period. I understand that this is the rainy season but does anybody know if it rains 24/7 for days on end or does it just rain for an hour a day & is then sunny? Many thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

Hi

Welcome to the forum. September and October are at the end of the Wet Season and are typically the wettest months of the year as you will see in the following link details https:/…Thailand

However, that does not mean it will be the same for the period you are thinking of as weather patterns are changing all over the world. Having said that it rarely rains 24/7 for days on end and usually you get sun and cloud (under which you can still get severe sunburn so use sunscreen at all times) with potential thunderstorms in the afternoon. The ocean though is usually rough and there are no trips to the Similan or Surin Islands from mid-May to mid-October for safety reasons.

See this link for explanation of what the icons you often see on weather sites mean and how they can be misleading tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

To offset this though as I am sure members who have been going regularly during this period will testify you can enjoy accommodation at often less than half High (Dry) Season rates and although some beach and other restaurants may close most restaurants in the Main areas of Bang La On and Bang Niang remain open and other tours are avialble.

Edited: 26 August 2015, 14:58
Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

We are here at the moment and we have had a series of wet days and fine days and you really can't tell what the weather will do in low season. Some days it's like high season weather and others are wet and overcast. You can't even look out of your window and say it's going to be fine or wet as you may have four seasons in one day! You just take one day at a time and enjoy what you have. Today was overcast in the morning, hot and sunny til about 4.30 and then we ha rain and overcast. It's anyone's guess!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

Dear Arandora,

Thank you for your quick & comprehensive reply. I think we will just have to take a "gamble".

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

THanks. As it is the "off season" are there many restaurants / bars open?

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

There are plenty open here in Bang La On. And also in Bang Niang. You can have your pick of what you want. Also don't forget the Markets on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. You will be spoiled for choice. Just don't consider the ones with bright lights as there are plenty of really good places to eat that aren't lit up well. We have noticed that a lot of .people have been passing by places that aren't lit up nicely as others. And I know they are missing out on some really good food and prices

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

As I said earlier although some beach and other restaurants may close most restaurants in the main areas of Bang La On and Bang Niang remain open and other tours are available.You can see pics of the popular things to do in and around Khao Lak at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… There is also lots of information in the Top Question FAQs on the right of the page which are best accessed on a PC or laptop.

If you have any particular accommodation in mind if you post details we will advise on its location and possible alternatives. Details of your budget for accommodation will help with this. However, if you haven't already use Booking.com to look for accommodation for your dates and budget. It features most of the accommodation at usually very competitive rates. So if there are any there that appeal post details for further information about location, accessibility to beach, restaurants, bars, shops etc.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

Hi Tanmar...Have you been to Ching's/Memories this trip...??...If you have been there this week,is there any sign that he is opening bar/restaurant on the first of September...??...Our girls are staying there(Sept 4th) so they'll need a place to eat even tho' they eat like sparrows...I spose if they aren't open,we can always ride up to that restaurant halfway up Pakarang Rd...What's the name of it...??...3 of us have our riders licence so we're equipped to ride....Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

Memories have posted on their Facebook page that they will be opening the first week in September. The restaurant up Pakarang Road is the Krua Rim Tang.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

Cocotang, just avoid the catfish.. it tastes nothing like cat..

australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather for last week in Sep/First in Oct

We will be in Khao Lak first week of October and staying in Moracea. Are all beaches and the ocean off-limits at this time? Maybe worth upgrading to a pool villa? Would love to know your recommendations for restaurants and bars not to miss (and hopefully close to Moracea). Thanks in advance!

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations