We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park hotel Khao Lak

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
park hotel Khao Lak

Having booked this hotel for November, i am now getting a bit worried, there have not been any new reviews since April. Does any one know what this hotel is like? Should we change our hotel? any one with any info or suggestions please let me know.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Do a search on the (former) Southsea Grand Hotel at Cape Pakarang. It has been taken over by the Park Hotel Group.

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Hi thanks we had check those but again nothing new since April, just thinking that we have made a mistake if no one has reviewed since April?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Have you booked the resort seperately or part of a package? The South Sea Grand was only taken over by the Park Group from part way in 2015 and in April when we left there was no sign that it was operating under the new management. So it could be that it only plans to take bookings from the beginning of the new High Season in November which would explain the absence of any reviews under the new name although there are positive reviews for the current year under its previous name at tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297914-d6383…

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Are you booked through Thomson? The hotel still shows on their website and I doubt very much a huge company like TUI would continue to sell package holidays to a hotel if there was anything majorly wrong with it or it had closed. Bare in mind that it's been the 'off' season in Khao Lak since the last (English language) review was posted on TA so that might account for the lack of activity. We're booked at the Sensimar through Thomson (also in November) and even though it's seemingly a much bigger resort in a busier location, reviews have also been slow going, I check almost daily for new ones. Have you tried contacting the hotel via email to confirm your booking and check everything's okay?

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Hi thank you, i will keep a look out for new reviews on TA as you say it may be that because ithas been taken over.

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Hi thanks for your reply, i will contact the hotel.

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Hi Sarah, a quick question, what vaccinations are you having prior to travel? Down here we can get the Hep A &B boosters and Typhoid jabs but any others have to be done through private clinics. Your oppinoin would be appreciated.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

There are no mandatory vaccinations for Khao lak except Yellow Fever if you are travelling from an area where it is prevalent. Hep A & B and Typhoid are adviised as they are a common preventative in many countries.

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Many many thanks, this is a totally new adventure for us, I have ordered £250 worth of local currency, is it best to bring sterling to change after that or does a debit card suffice?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: park hotel Khao Lak

Pity you have ordered your currency or that you didn't read the Top Question FAQ on the right about Currency Exchange which takes you to this Travellers Article tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

It gives you all the options but strongly advises you to wait until you arrive before changing any money as the rate in Thailand is higher. Cash is best, Debit Card costs you 180 baht for every withdrawal in Thai Bank fees plus whatever your own bank charges.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak