We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

This will be our second visit to Khaolak. The first time we stayed at La Flora Resort & Spa and loved it. The hotel was lovely as was the beach and close location to other restaurants & stores. This time we are going in November and were initially thinking of staying at the Ramada because it seems very nice as well. Then I was searching and found Chongfa. Now I'm not sure which one to stay at. My husband & I love the beach, swimming at the pool and want to be close to venture out walking to other areas. Looking for guidance on which hotel to book our holiday.

Thanks so much.

Denise

Edited: 15 August 2015, 22:09
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

Hi Denise

The Chong Fah is only about 400 metres up the beach on the other side of the beach road from the La Flora which is next door to the Ramada and so has all the same advantages of being easily accessible to restaurants, bars and shops. It is a much smaller boutique resort with smaller pool, very good restaurant having speciality dinners on several nights during the week and Happy Hour Buy One Get One Free drinks from 5.30pm to 6.30pm - perfect for watching the sunset. Unlike the Ramada/La Flora it is not on the same level as the beach and its lounging area at the front is perched on a protecting wall overlooking the beach. The Seaview bungalows are excellent. Deluxe bungalows are behind them with a garden view. If it is a small hotel with super friendly staff you are looking for the Chong Fah is it!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

Denise

If you haven't already read this recent topic you should take the comments in it into account when considering the Ramada tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

Thank you Arandora. Both of your posts were quite helpful.

Regards,

Denise

London, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

We stayed at the Ramada I think in 2011 it was afantastic hotel. Going again Jan 2016!staying in La Flora as a better price point. As said before if you like to sit on the beach Ching far doesn't offer this . It a tough choice just hope we've made the right one ??

5. Re: Chongfa Beach Resort of Ramada Khaolak Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak