We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked

yorkshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked

After years of debating whether to visit Thailand we have finally got round to it and booked today. 15 nights in La Flora Resort in January. We have visited Bali a few times and are in fact going to Bali in October. I have been quietly researching over the last few weeks from the fantastic information on this forum and think I have picked the best location in terms of what we enjoy. I have contacted one of the drivers recommended and arranged transfers. I am now going to look into what trips/sights etc we want to see. i am not asking any questions as such but any words of advice or tips and ideas for day trips etc, will be greatly appreciated. So looking forward to finally visiting Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked

Khao sok np is well worth a visit,plenty of info.on the right hand side of the page

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
yorkshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked

Thanks, working my way through it now😄

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked

we enjoyed the snorkelling day trip to the similan islands. used our hotel to arrange this for us.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked

Have a look at pics of the popular things to do in and around Khao Lak at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
yorkshire
Level Contributor
230 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked

Thank you, am busily working my way through everything. So excited as I am sure we are going to loveKhao Lak, everything seems to fit with what we like from a holiday. It's just so great to be able to access information from the forum, there's no point in just enjoying the time I am there, I need to make the most of it by enjoying the holiday before I even get there😄

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked

Sometimes the anticipation is as much fun as the realization (and unfortunately for most, lasts a lot longer).

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked

I'm sure you will have a wonderful holiday Annie. I agree that the planning and anticipation can just just as much fun. We are going to KL for the first time in late November and I can't wait. We've been to other places in Thailand but decided to go with something different.

I have a list of restaurants, tours and places I want to see on my ipad that I keep adding to. We are definitely doing a Koh Tachai tour and Khao Sok tour but not sure of others yet.

I found the Restaurants and Things to Do tabs at the top of the forum to be fantastic for getting information as well as Arandora's fantastic photos of the beaches etc.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
8. Re: Just booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak