We are a couple in our 60's planning a holiday to Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand. We will be celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary by the time we reach Khao Lak and want to celebrate and relax at a resort with a bit of luxury. There are certainly many places to choose from and so far I am mostly interested in Chongfa Beach Resort. But would consider other options.
We would love a beach bungalow but realise our budget close to 7800 THB (just over $A300) may mean we have to lower our expectations. We want
1. King bed preferred but double is ok
2 Air Conditioning
3 On nice beach with calm, clearish water
3. Close enough to walk to restaurants
4. Must include breakfast
5. Budget about 7800 night (staying 5 nights)
6. Prefer bungalow but a good resort with good breakfast and fantastic staff would be considered.
7. Prefer accommodation with not too many stairs due to a slight mobility issue
I also would like some advice as to whether leaving to book the accommodation a bit longer would possibly mean the prices will come down a little. Many other resorts offer a discount for paying in advance but not Chongfa. The garden bungalows are now priced about $A350 a night so if they were just a tad over my budget, say $A320 I could manage that. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my questions and hopefully help me to make this anniversary a special time.