We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Bang Niang looks interesting but not sure if any hotels are within walking distance to restaurants and shops or should I look at other villages? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Bang Niang or Nang Thong beaches are both close to shops and restaurants and there are plenty of accommodation options at both. These are the main areas where everything is concentrated.

Edited: 28 July 2015, 05:03
Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Thanks JustAllie, any hotel suggestions walking distance to shops, etc. near the beach? So confused with all my research :/

Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Thanks JustAllie, any hotel suggestions walking distance to shops, etc. near the beach? So confused with all my research :/

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,725 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

I haven't been to Khao Lak yet (going this November) so I'll let the experts chime in on this one :)

I know what it is like researching, you can go round and round and it gets confusing.

One thing that will be needed to help is your approximate budget in Thai baht per night and also the sort of hotel that you like. We tend to steer clear of the big multi storey hotels (nothing wrong with them, we just prefer smaller places) and like more Thai style rather than modern. If you can give some preferences it will be easier for people to help.

Time of year you are travelling will also make a difference as the price can vary hugely between green/rainy season and peak.

Good luck with your search.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Have a look at the Bang Niang Map taken from the Top Question FAQs on the right (where is loads more information on Khao Lak) to see the beach, resorts, restaurants, bars and small shops and the large three afternoons a week market near the highway at http://www.t3x.de/khaolak/BangNiangKarte.htm

Main maps link is tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

The largest township, Bang La On, with more and better shopping, many restaurants and bars, is just 10 minutes up the road.

Use a booking site like Booking.com for your dates and budget then come back for more information on any that take your fancy.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

We stayed at chong fah which was right on the beach and only 30 rooms. I also steer clear of the larger hotels and chong fah filled the bill. There are lots of restaurants and shops around but the main area is a quick tuk tuk ride however we only ventured up there once as the local area suited us fine with restaurant and shopping offerings.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

A vote here for La Flora, on a lovely beach and just a short stroll for lots of restaurants and shops.

I used to love the places to eat on the beach near La Flora but I don't know how many are there since some were closed down.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

Thanks All! I checked out both La Flora and Chong Fah. Both looked great! La Flora was booked full at the time we wanted to be there :( Managed to get a bungalow at Chong Fah. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
9. Re: Suggestions for hotel within walking distance to shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2016, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak