We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

wellington
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

We would like to spend a day in Petong. How long is the drive and is it an easy drive? Or would it be less stressful to hire a driver ird catch a bus?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

It is about 1 1/2 hours drive. It is very hard to park in Patong if you are driving yourself. I think the less stressful way would be to hire a driver. Boss from cheaper than hotel transfers runs a fleet of cars. He has a counter in Khao lak or you can email him or talk to him on facebook.

Linda

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

It would take about 2 hours to drive to Patong Beach (depending on where you're staying in Khao Lak). There are no direct buses from Khao Lak to Patong, you would have to transfer in Phuket. Of course, the least stressful way would be to hire a car & driver - about 3000 baht for 8 hours.

Two, young German girls from my resort just got back from an overnight trip to Patong. Both of them were on one, Honda Click 125i scooter! I thought they were crazy... but they made it okay. It took them seven hours to get there (stopped a Lampi waterfall) and four hours on the return.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,776 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
wellington
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

Thanks so much cruisemonkey :)

wellington
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

Thanks so much Linda :)

5. Re: Driving from Khao Lak to Petong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations