We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

Norfolk
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

looking for info on the building works of this new resort, where is it positioned? Slightly concerned as we have stayed at the Mai twice and we love the beach, we feel this could ruin things for us especially looking at the size of resort. Are the building works visible and active right now? We would be staying before the new resort opens but I don't want to stay next to massive building site, I have mixed emotions about more hotels :-((

The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

It's not a new resort, it is an extension, a big extension, to the existing resort that will provide additional Adult Only and Family accommodation. It is at the rear of the existing resort on both sides. See information on the website at http://www.maikhaolak.com/

It says "coming soon" but how long that will be is not specified. When we left in April they were still pile driving the new site. Hopefully recent visitors will add latest information.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

I had seen the artists impression of the extension,,it's so huge it's really the size of another resort, reckon we will get one more trip in April then maybe it would be to busy for us beyond that, thanks for the reply :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

Does anyone know when this resort will be finished . I was thinking of booking for this December 2016

Edited: 27 May 2016, 00:26
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

See this topic which has latest reported dates on various new developments including the Mai Holiday Khao Lak https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Whether the opening date of October 2016 will be achieved will depend on the progress made over the current Wet Season. Given the past record recently of new developments opening on time. personally I would have a Plan B, even for December (which from 15th to 15th January is Peak Season) in case it is not completed.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

Hi we left the Mai April 25th. At that point it was far from finished, I'd be surprised if it opens in Oct when they said it was due to open. We building work will have no impact on your stay. The extension is set well back from the current building. We adore the beach at the Mai but have decided to stay elsewhere next year.. We feel the size of the extension and extra holiday makers will change the atmosphere at the beach. However we will travel back up to the fantastic restraunts for a meal or two.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

The new Mai Holiday is massive. Pretty well as soon as you turn into the Mai's driveway you see the new building on your right and it continues all the way down to the foyer of the Mai. This pic shows where the new resort is in relation to the Mai:

…photobucket.com/albums/g474/L0S1/mai.jpg

Bad news about the beach restaurants too, Steve D. See this thread:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Gold Coast...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

From what I could tell from their website which has changed since I made my booking back in March, they are marketing the new Mai Holiday as the adults only section of Mai Khao Lak and incorporating the rest of the new family sections into the existing resort. They are turning the northern part of the existing beach into an adults only section of the Mai Holiday and are advertising rooms with sea views which I don't see possible from the new building at the back, so maybe they are going to use some of the rooms in the existing resort. The Mai Khao Lak website also now advertises:

Seven restaurants

Five bars

Five family swimming pools (open 08.00-20.00 hrs.)

Two children’s pools

Baby pool

Three Kid’s Clubs

Baby Lounge

Teenage Hangout

Indoor Cinema

which is a lot more than I remember and two of the restaurants overlook the 'Theme Park' which can only be the new addition.

I have a booking in December and my concern is that I will be given a room in the newly built section which is a lot further from the beach than I had anticipated when I booked. I also imagine the beach will be a lot more crowded and with the demolition of the beachside restaurants I am starting to regret my booking :(

Mentioned in this post
Mai Khao
Mai Khao
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

There is time before you arrive for visitors arriving in the Mai after completion and opening of the new resort when things will be much clearer. Meanwhile why don't you Email the resort and ask whether you will remain in the existing resort. From what I have seen of rates advertised rooms in the new Adults Only resort will be more expensive than in the existing one.

9. Re: New Resort Mai Holiday - Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak