We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learning Thai

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
113 posts
29 reviews
Learning Thai

We've got our trusty old Lonely Planet phrase book, but would like to learn some more Thai than the basic phrases we know already.

Can anyone recommend a good Learning Thai DVD/audio course ?

Thank you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Learning Thai

Here you are. Learn and speak Thai in 10 hours. Get first 3 lessons free learnthaifromawhiteguy.com/…

Or there are plenty more on the internet or if you have a smart phone you can download an app.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
113 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Learning Thai

Brilliant, thank you. We know quite a lot of basic words but it's just checking we get pronunciation right so that we are understood.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Learning Thai

You will have no problems in Khao Lak with basic communication in restaurants, bars, shops, tours etc. Whilst Thais appreciate you speaking basic phrases, like greetings and thank yous, and are always eager to help you with pronunciation, it is also important to them to communicate in English especially in an area like Khao Lak that tragically lost so many of its English speakers employed in the tourism and service related industries in the dreadful 2004 Tsunami. It takes a great deal of time and effort to re-skill the community and increase their employment prospects.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
529 reviews
4. Re: Learning Thai

I got the PDQ linguaphone one when I started. Was 29.95 at the time. And pretty decent.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
529 reviews
5. Re: Learning Thai

I got the PDQ linguaphone one when I started. Was 29.95 at the time. And pretty decent.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
186 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Learning Thai

I find "loecsen.com" very helpful and you are able to test yourself.

Cheers

7. Re: Learning Thai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2016, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak