We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere different!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Somewhere different!

Heading back to thailand for 10th time in October and looking at Khao Lak again, been to Chong Fah twice so looking for a change, very keen on Sarojin, but thinking it may be too quiet, like to have a few beach side places to eat especially for lunch. So hard to make a choice! Have looked at a return to Koh Lanta as well The Layana gets reviews as good as Sarojin, decisions decisions! Anyone come up with a suggestion because I'm totally stuck?

Nakhon Si...
Level Contributor
972 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Somewhere different!

I would suggest having a look at the hotels with fewer reviews or those not listed in the 'hotel' section. You, like me, may find a hidden jewel, with service and facilities equal to or better than the 'headline' establishments.

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Somewhere different!

JW Marriott wins for me. Absolutely superb

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Somewhere different!

302malcolmr

Care to enlighten the rest of us where you have found a Speciality Lodging, B&B, Rental or other non-hotel classification that is in the same class as those that the OP has mentioned.

KeithM

As you are considering this time 5* resorts, have you looked at the Adult Only Beyond Resort further north from the Sarojin on Pak Weeb Beach. There is a row of restaurants, bars and massage places to its right across the creek leading up to Bang Sak Beach that will be open in October. There are more near the main entrance on the highway. The nearby Pullman Katilya (formerly Le Meridien) now has an even bigger range of accommodation and is not much further to the dining options past the Beyond with others to its left and around the headland on White Sand Beach.

At the opposite end of Khao Lak on beautiful Sunset Beach the 4* Paradise and recently refurbished and extended Moracea (formerly Khao Lak Resort) are in a better position if you want access to more restaurants albeit not as many beach side as the Beyond and Pullman and previously mentioned JWM.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Somewhere different!

Thanks for the replies, Arandora as usual with the most comprehensive response. Having walked the beach South to paradise etc think we would prefer going north Pullman and JWM look a bit big however Beyond may be an option. I too will wait for 302malcolmr to reveal his hidden gems!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Somewhere different!

I would have added the La-Own Resort on Nang Thong Beach except that first it's not certain that the beach restaurants to its right in their newly relocated positions will be open in October. Peter's Restaurant just to the left probably will. Second there is a new large Holiday Inn under construction behind and next to La Own. The main construction is likely to be finished by October though.

Another one to consider is the excellent Orchid Beach Resort on Khuk Khak Beach. There are a couple of great restaurants just up the beach road, Kai's and Lay and only 15 minutes or so into Bang Niang and Bang La On by shuttle or taxi. It has great deals for booking direct. The new Haven just up from the Orchid should be fully operational by October.

6. Re: Somewhere different!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2016, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak