We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket resorts

Toowoomba, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Phuket resorts

Hi all,

My wife and I are planning our first holiday to Phuket in February 2016. Suggestions for good quality resorts would be appreciated. Willing to pay up to a max $200 Aussie dollars per night.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket resorts

Someone 'here' might have suggestions, but you'll probably get a lot more if you post on the Phuket Forum.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,415 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket resorts

Perhaps like some you thought Khao Lak is on Phuket as opposed to being an hour or so north from Phuket Airport and are really interested in Khao Lak. If so I would suggest you have a look at the latest maps of Khao Lak's 25km coastline of beautiful beaches, accommodation to suit all budgets, lots of restaurants with Thai and different cuisines and great centre for tours in all directions(Similan and Surin Islands, Phang Nga Bay, Khao Sok National Park, Krabi) at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Here is a comprehensive list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

You could start your search by using Booking.com to search for resorts for your dates and budget to identify any that match and appeal to you, then asking for more information here. You could then broaden your search for best prices on other search sites.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
517 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,192 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,597 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
1,130 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket resorts

HI there, as you have probably realised by other replies to your question Khao Lak is about 1 and half hours from my Phuket, I am from Adelaide, Australia. We just got back last week from a few days in Phuket and a few days in Khao Lak. I would strongly reccomend you do the same.It is the second time in 2 years we have done the same holiday.

Phuket is great, we have been there 4 times. But Khao Lak, Oh my. It is great. Nobody to pester you on the beach or at the markets. In fact, nobody on the beach except you. It is safe to ride a scooter, everyone is friendly and not trying to hassle you for a taxi.

The great thing about Khao Lak is it is near Khao Sok and you can make a trip to the lake (more like an inland sea it is so huge) inside the National Park. You can go for a long boat ride to floating bungalows and paddle in kyaks or swim in the lake, have lunch then go on an adventure hiking through the jungle to a cave with waterfalls inside, trek through the cave to the otherside, another trek through the jungle and then back for a swim at the lake. If you are not up for a jungle/cave trek, then just go to a different location in the lake, Klong Ka and swim in the lake, eat lunch, go fishing, have a peek in a small cave and travel back by long boat.

This tour is too far from Phuket to do in one day, and so worthwhile soaking up other locations in Thailand. The long boat tours are not crowded.

Best, best best holiday!!!!

We stayed at the Oriental Hotel in a pool entry room. Great breakfast, I say that because we had spent a few days in Bangkok preceeding travelling to Phuket and the breakfast was a very Asian breakfast, not suitable for my hubby's sensitive tummy.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
4. Re: Phuket resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:39
5. Re: Phuket resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2016, 10:47