We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

The Thai Meteorological Department has issued a warning that waves as high as four metres are expected in the Andaman Sea until Wednesday (July 8), - See more at: thephuketnews.com/phuket-weather-strong-wave…

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

Very unsettled yesterday and today (so far). Occasional, black-cloud squall 'walls' that hit like a hammer... with torrential rain (usually) lasting only a couple of minutes before the sun appears again.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

Hi Cruise...I have been reading reports on activities in Phuket,particularly Patong where business and numbers are reportedly very low/slow compared to previous years....

As you are in Khao Lak now,have you noticed lower numbers,empty shops,fewer tourists at Bang Niang markets and emptyish resorts...??...I'm heading over in September and wonders how busy it will be then...

With the weak Aussie dollar affecting Aussie travel plans too....25baht/dollar is terrible....!!...

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

I haven't been to Bang Niang, but It seems like there are fewer numbers of people around (Bang La On) compared to this time last year.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

Not much sun today, lots of cloud, raining patches, the wind is the best it's been all. day . The sea is rough , but there is one board rider at the lighthouse,.. Temperature very mild .

Looks like a huge oil, petrol, diesel drum is floating off Nang thong beach looks the size of a container but rounded ,

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

Keep an eye on this similar topic on the Phuket Forum in case anyone is moving on to there soon tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k8…

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
1 review
6. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

The sea is rough again today and the mystery object mentioned by Julieloveskev appears to have dragged it's anchor and is now floating just west of Khao Lak Light Beacon:

http://tinyurl.com/o7w466z

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,265 posts
51 reviews
7. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

heavy rains last night with high winds,

went out in Kamala yesterday, very strong choppy waves

note in past week

2 people have died in the water in Patong

and 3 on the Patong hill

so the water is safer :-)

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

I seems the ocean is always safer than the roads in Thailand. Seven people have died in Phuket road accidents in less than a week.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
1 review
9. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

The mystery object is on the move again and is now closer to shore out the front of Centara Seaview. Could be a bit interesting if it makes landfall.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
146 reviews
10. Re: Strong waves advisory for Andaman Sea until 8th July.

Its probably just Mr Whippy, been blown of course a bit..

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak