We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance in khao lak

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
distance in khao lak

I am planning to visit khao lak in mid July with my boyfriend. On looking at accommodation I'm wondering if the hotels are close to the town? I don't want to be confined to a resort and want to go to restaurants and bars outside the hotel. Any suggestions in accommodation or are the hotels based close enough to walk to the town? Thanks in advance

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance in khao lak

Khao Lak comprises 9 different beaches and beach areas spread over 25km of coastline. The two main townships where you will find most restaurants, bars and shops within easy walking distance of resorts are Bang La On and 1 minutes up the highway Bang La On. I suggest you use Booking.com which has most of the accommodation in Khao Lak for your dates to find accommodation within your budget then come back for information on any you fancy.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance in khao lak

Have a look at latest maps at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… to see the various areas

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: distance in khao lak

Thanks so much for that. If it's only a minute or so that's grand. I was just worried I'd be in the middle of nowhere. You've been very helpful

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance in khao lak

I think Arandora meant to say the two main townships...Bang La On and Bang Niang. The knowledgeable one must have been up late ;)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance in khao lak

Thanks MrsS - not up late. Just taking a break during a shopping expedition. ;-)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: distance in khao lak

No worries....we are only human after all!

7. Re: distance in khao lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak