We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Now that it's 'low season', does anyone currently in Khao Lak know if the little, white Immigration trailer/office in front of Jai Restaurant (across the road from Khao Lak Supermart) at the north end of Bang La On is there and open on Wednesdays?

I'll need to get a 30-day Extension of Stay in July... and it could save me a trip to the Immigration office in Phang Nga Town.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
991 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Hello, we are at the sands at the moment so I will take a look later on when I go out. Is it there all the time? Probably won't venture out till dinner, sitting by the beach about to have a massage..... Can't drag myself away just yet!!!!

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

I know that in high season (I used it last February) it is there on Wednesdays (9:00 AM - 3:00 PM).

I don't know if:

- they leave it there all the time, or take it to other town on other days of the week

- if it's there at all during low season.

If you could have a look on Wednesday, I'd really appreciate it.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

I contacted a friend living in Khao Lak and asked him to check today and he told me the trailer was not there and that on other occaasions a friend in KL had gone there for his purposes and it wasn't ther then. Seems like a High season service. .

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Thanks. It looks like I'll have to contact Boss... or rent a car for a day.

Does anyone know when the beautiful, new Immigration office (that's sitting finished... but empty and locked up) in Bang Niang at the Police Boat Tsunami Memorial Park is due to open?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

"the beautiful, new Immigration office (that's sitting finished... but empty and locked up) " is I understand the subject of a land/building/ownership dispute between the Provincial Government and National Government and was not constructed with the proper permissions or in accordance with proper standards/regulations (yes they do exist in Thailand!) and is more than likely to remain unfinished (as it isn't completely finished) and equally likely may have to be demolished and rebuilt. This IS Thailand!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
991 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Hey cruise monkey, I checked for you today at 12.30 and no trailer in sight!

Cheers

Verrena

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Yes... it seems as though it's a service provided only during high season. Between what exact dates I don't know.

Thank you for checking.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Since it only started during the last High Season and was still in operation in April, we won't know when it will start again for sure. I would have thought demand will dictate if and when it will re-open. There were problems with the service and confusion about just what it offered other than directing people to the Immigration in Phang Nga for extensions although when they returned with someone who spoke Thai, the extension was done there and then after all.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
598 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Last February, at the trailer, I had no problem getting a 30-day extension of stay to a 30-day visa exempt entry. As well as the application form (and 1900 baht) they wanted photocopies of: Passport info./picture page, Departure Card and my Residence Permit for China.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wednesday Immigration trailer - Bang La On

Your good fortune, others before and after you not so fortunate. Seemed to depend on which officer on duty.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak