We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

Hi, we are planning a vacation in khao lak for April 2016 and will be traveling with our daughters aged 5 ,7 and 1 yr so hoping for a family room to share. Their grandparents will meet us there and hope to stay at the haven as it looks beautiful and has a great package available but it does not accept children so is not an option for us. Can. Anyone please tell me which hotels are close by and would offer family rooms rather than two separate rooms which is not required due to their ages. Would also like a few restaurants nearby within walking distance. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Helen

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

I would wait for a special to come out at JW Marriott. You have lots of time. Then you could all stay at the same hotel.

Linda

Khaolak
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

Khaolak Orchid Beach Resort is the nearest hotel to the Haven (about 150 meters). They have the Family Room (2 bedrooms) and Orchid Family Suite (2 bedrooms) as in the link below.

www.khaolakorchid.com/family_plans.php

Edited: 28 May 2015, 10:05
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

+1 Orchid Beach Resort

Just a few restaurants nearby (and the Orchid's beach facing Bistro is very good and good value) with others up the beach past the JWM about a 40 minute beach walk away). Otherwise about 10-15 minutes by shuttle or taxi into the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On.

Princetown, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

my husband and i stayed at the orchid beach in feb/march this year, booked through their own website, many offers include free meals, laundry, transfer to town, credit to room, check it out.

lovely hotel with well kept grounds, plenty of sun loungers by pool and beach,highly recommended.

we visited khai seafood restaurant (every day for a light lunch and drink) just along the road from the hotel, there,s also another one but cant remember the name.

if we was to visit khao lak again i would choose this hotel, a little out of the way but like i said free bus into town (with hotel offer)

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
146 reviews
5. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

A vote for the Orchid. stayed recently, and extended our stay

very laid back, kids will love it.

had a look around the Haven, No Thanks..

Ipswich, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

Thanks for all your replies. I would. Also welcome suggestions for other hotels which accomodate 2 adults , 2 kids and one infant and are family friendly anywhere in khao lak with restaurants within waking distance.thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

If you use Booking.com and search for accommodation in Khao Lak there is an option to search for those hotels which meet your party size and ages for children. Some hotels will only offer 2 per room or 1 extra bed.

Ayara Villas and Cousin Resort in Bang Niang have family accommodation, as does the Pullman Katilya (former Le Meridien) and the Mai Khao Lak on Pak Weeb Beach 20 minutes or so from Bang Niang and Bang La On but plenty of local dining options, the Sands, Leaf on the Sainds, Sands Oceanside,and Nang Thong Bay Resort on/adjacent to Nang Thong Beach and Bang La On.

Hope this helps.

8. Re: Family Hotel recommendations near the haven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak