We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

Hi every one

We took advised from our khao lak DE Arandora to visit khao lak. Now I know why arandora and his wife spend 6 months each year here. The beach is beautiful even thought we can't swim in it due to high tide and rough sea. But just to sit right here listening to waves, the winds, the birds are singing, no beach sellers no polluted ..wow.

I'm so glad we went to Chiangmai first. Khao lak is really a place to unwinds.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

And the resort looks reasonably priced too............

Thanks for the information.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,915 posts
1,857 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

I just returned home from driving around Phuket & decided to drive further up to Khao Lak & loved it too.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

Hi Sweetpea

So glad you've finally made it to Khao Lak and that you are now a fully paid up member of the Khai Lak Lovers Club. Hope you enjoy every minute of your stay and we look forward to visiting your home area in the North (of Thailand) in November.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

Arandora ...yes you can count us in Khao lak lover club :)

Will go for walk later . It's very hot and humid but is not as Hot and humid as in Chiangmai or Lampang.

November is beautiful and cool up north. Arandora You will love it up there that time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,716 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

Lovely to hear from you Sweatpea :)

I will be going to Khao Lak for the first time this year too. As much as I love Samui, my 50th birthday is on 3rd December and I wanted the best chance of good weather to celebrate.

Make sure you post updates, I want to hear more about it.

Have a fantastic time.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

Thanks Allie :)

Today is raining since this morning. It didn't bother us at all as we come here just to relax. We stay in the pool access room. It is quite nice to look out the swimming pool while it's raining. The resort have Giant lizard as the resident he/she seems happy with being amongs the guests. This morning he was happily swinging in the pool. But I'm it sure if I want to be in the pool while he still in it ...lol. Happy to see the resort,have 2 resident dogs, one have only 3 legs and one old mama. The old mama quite funny and cunning the other night she was sit in the middle of restaurant. The staff try her hardest to move her by using picce of chiketn lured her out from the restaurant. She enjoyed her piece of chicken and went back to sit in the middle of restaurant again. The 3 legs dog happy to sit amongs the sun bed with guests. During the night he just follow staffs diggings and chase after crabs. I even join in :)

It's very quiet at night ( after 9pm) in the resort, often will be only us 2 with over 10 also staffs. Many of them are locals Phang Nga and neiboring town. The staffs and resort are very nice but I don't think we will return to this resort again. We will look for some where else to stay. I will explains this in my hotel review.

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

I am really looking forward to your review sweetpea.

Linda

8. Re: Paradise found .. Live from beach front Sensimar resort :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2016, 18:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak