We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

Hi all

I am looking into a half day tour for the elephant bathing/trek when we are staying in Khao Lak for my husband and I plus our two children. The reviews for both Eco Khao Lak and Land Discovery both appear very good, is there one over the other I should consider?

I'm prepared to pay a premium price to ensure we are not supporting anything that clearly mistreats the animals. I know Elephant Hills does great tours but the kids certainly won't have it in them to last 2 days hence my thoughts of a half day tour being perfect in length.

Appreciate your advice

Thanks

Marika

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khao Lak Land Discovery
Khao Lak Land Discovery
695 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

Hi Marika, my husband and I together with our 5 sons did a half day tour with Eco Khao Lak - great tour, wonderful staff, well taken care of. If you like you can read my review, which is detailed. I haven't used Land Discovery, so cannot comment.

We will be visiting Khao Lak again in June, and will go with Eco Khao Lak again.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khao Lak Land Discovery
Khao Lak Land Discovery
695 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

Thanks sonlou73 I'll check out your review.

We too will be there in June, can't wait!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

Both are established tour companies that are respectful of their tour objectives and use of the natural environment. If you are considering booking in advance, particularly for June, I would suggest that you can probably get a better price when you arrive for the same tour without paying a premium price.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

Thanks Arandora. We are there middle of June so we might just take our chances I think as we have 10 days. The prices so far are ok but we might see how rhe kids are travelling too and whether they might be happier by the pool :-)

thanks again

5. Re: Eco Khao Lak or Khao Lak Land Discovery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak