We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

I always have had some reservations in booking "deals " thru these kind of websites,

dodgy room out the back, or your worst fears..

both other times, deals at the "ramada and briza " were fine

Apsara....

•Room features a private balcony overlooking the pool or tropical gardens

as spruiked by groupon, who would have been given this info from apsara

I had emailed the place 3 times with simple requests including Twin Bed

and as close as possible to beach area

as I was already staying in khao lak , I called in the day before to just check what I was to be

staying in

first room.. you get that sinking feeling after corridor after corridor, as you know where you are headed

view was of a patch of grass and a busy car park.

not impressed

second room

I bed. NO...

third room which took a lot of pleasantly asking for, had a view of a Masonite rooftop and large noisy aircon

asked if could upgrade to deluxe, next category up.

NONE AVAILIABLE,

I did a test booking on their website, an hour later for the same 4 day stay in a deluxe room...

guess what

there were plenty available. Heaps...

I emailed the apsara the same day saying we would not be stating, for the obvious, and the fact that I had been lied to as to what else there was available.

if that's the way they run the place starting with the front desk .....

oh and a day later the front office supervisor emailed offering a :free upgrade to a garden villa.

as I had already paid for the extra days at the " Super " Orchid Beach Resort, I declined the offer, and would have not accepted it any way. no thanks, and never....

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
763 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
285 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

Thanks for your comprehensive report, Procol.

Its a shame or SHAM that these resorts try this particular con!

Regular visitors to Khao Lak, know which ones adopt these strategies, to generate some business, especially during quieter times.

I find that most resorts in Khao Lak want your return business & have your satisfaction as their number one priority.

Unfortunately, a few resorts ruin this image.

Cheers

Rob

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Copenhagen Region...
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

I have had a very different experience with the Apsara hotel.

I booked 3 rooms through hotels.com. When we arrived they couldn't see or booking. When I checked it again, I had written the wrong date when booking.

And even though it was a non refund del, the hotel changed it immediately so that we got the rooms at the right date.

We even got a free up grade because there was not enough rooms available. So I would recommend Apsara.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

Thanks Procol, I was considering the Apsara deal, glad I didn't take it.

We opted for a 5 night deal at Kantary that was on Living Social recently. We will be there in 17 more sleeps, I'll make a post if it is no good.

We have bought a few deals in the past, the most recent at The Sands last October, that was so good we've bought another for next year. Kata Group seem good value, Beyond is also on Scoopon at the moment.

Mentioned in this post
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

Sounds very familiar to me Will....My first ever trip to Phuket,I booked into Patong Beach Lodge unknowingly realised it was the wrong hotel....I wanted Patong Lodge in Kalim....So I went to Patong Lodge one day and asked how much for a superior room...They quoted me high season prices in July....I asked them to check their July price....He said,"This is right price" and he wouldn't budge.....I obviously walked out puzzled as to why he would do this when business is so slow in low season....Is it greed...??...Obviously...!!...Patong Beach Lodge was a great stay anyway....!!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,921 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong Lodge Hotel
Patong Lodge Hotel
273 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
5. Re: Groupon " Apsara " Deal. You have been informed....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak