We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
171 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

Has anyone been all inclusive to Mai Khao Lak?

I have read that the breakfasts are awesome ...... But what about the rest of the package .... Is the lunch and evening food good too?

Look forward to hearing from you

Mentioned in this post
Mai Khao
Mai Khao
Phuket, Thailand
All-inclusive hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Merlin Resort
Khaolak Merlin Resort
#11 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

Have a look at the comments about All Inclusive on this current topic tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… . They apply mainly to the Mai Khao Lak as they do any other resort. The only proviso is that although the Mai is located on Pak Weeb Beach, the most beautiful of all 9 beaches that comprise Khao Lak, it is quite secluded but depending on when you are thinking of going a number of the adjacent beach restaurants (about 18 of them) and the Mai's own beachfront food outlet may close because of adverse weather,ocean and beach conditions in the Wet Season (May to October). There will still be some remaining open on the inland side of the beach road and up on the highway where the beach road meets it. Otherwise you are about 20-25 minutes by shuttle or taxi north from the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On where mot restaurants, bars and shops are located.

Mentioned in this post
Mai Khao
Mai Khao
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
norfolk, england
Level Contributor
171 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

Thanks Arandora

We are going inn in November. We have booked all inclusive as 2 of our party are not very adventurous with food and thought this might be the better option. Ideally we would like an idea of what's on offer to see if we should change our minds and go B&B ?

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
171 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

Hi

Sorry I am being a pain..... If we change to B&B are there plenty of places to eat locally. I understand that the Mai is quite a way from the town. We are going mid November . Also any idea of food and drink prices in the area?

Many thanks again

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

In mid-November all the adjacent beach restaurants some to the right on the same side of the beach road as the Mai but most to the left on the beach side of the access road that separates them from the Mai will all be open. As mentioned in total there were when we left in April about 18 with possibly more being added as well as massage places and bars, so plenty of choice and much cheaper than paying resort prices for lunch and dinner.

Prices are typical of those throughout Khao Lak whether on the beach or in town, so 80-100 baht for a starter, 100 - 200 baht for a main depending on whether you have king prawns or fish, tiger prawns more (sold by weight), small beer 60-80 baht, large 80 - 100 baht, glass of wine 100 - 150 baht, cocktails 100- 150 baht, real fruit smoothies 30 - 50 baht, soft drinks 30 baht, fresh coconuts 30-40 baht.

Here are picss of the stretch of Pak Weeb Beach including the area of the Mai and nearby restaurants at https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
norfolk, england
Level Contributor
171 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

You are an absolute star!!! Thank you so much for your help and the photos are great ...... I really appreciate your help and information.

😄

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
171 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

Sorry me again....... Do we need to use cash in khao lak or do they take credit card or prepaid travel cards?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

Cash is king! Credit cards to pay bills at hotels or pay at restaurants in higher class resorts but very few shops, if any. Prepaid travel cards not accepted for purchases or payments just at ATMs. Read this Travellers Article for information on Money Exchange tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

We stayed at Mai Khao lak last year in low season.

The hotel is ok, I would say three star compared to other Thailand properties we have stayed.

The breakfast and restaurant are average. There are some awsome cheap restaurant on the beach with the usual massage huts!

Probably would not return, but we enjoyed our stay. Caught a taxi to town and dined and went to the markets!

I love Khao lak, but will change it up when we return!!

Mentioned in this post
Mai Khao
Mai Khao
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
9. Re: All inclusive Mai Khan Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2016, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations