We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

Northants
Level Contributor
73 posts
101 reviews
Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

Hi

I'm going on honeymoon to Khoa lak in November and can't waot. We are flying from Heathrow via Eva Air and then connecting onto Bangkok airways to Phuket, travel agents have said our luggage will be checked in at Heathrow all the way through to Phuket and will transfer from flight to flight with out is having to do anything? Just wanted to know if this is they way others have had this and if it was trouble free as my worse nightmare is loosing luggage!! Any advice or experience would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks

X

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

If you are travelling on one ticket your luggage will go straight through to Phuket. You clear Immigration in Bangkok but stay in transit, Just follow the signs or ask one of airport staff if in doubt. It is quite straightforward and a very regular procedure. Even if you are on two tickets (i.e. if you or your travel agent booked two separate flights, Bangkok Airways still usually accept luggage to go straight through. Either way when you are checking in at Heathrow just ask agent to confirm that your luggage is going straight through and that the tags on your luggage show Phuket (Code HKT) as your final destination.

Relax now and enjoy planning your very special holiday! There is plenty of information in the Top Questions on the left and in the Things to Do link on the green menu bar at the top of the page to help you.

Northants
Level Contributor
73 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

Thank you so much that has eased my mind no end :)

Northants
Level Contributor
73 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

Forgot to ask will our luggage arrive in Phuket on same flight as us? Daft question probably but just want to check

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

Yes. Luggage goes on same flights.

Northants
Level Contributor
73 posts
101 reviews
5. Re: Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

Great thank you for your help!! Can't wait to go x

6. Re: Eva air connecting to Bangkok airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak