We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

We want to be on a nice sandy beach with clear water for swimming, to be able to walk to reasonably priced beach restaurants &bars etc. I would like a nice room and bathroom and will need 3 double rooms for 6nights ideally starting between 15-22November, due to airfare pricing and availability. The budget is from around B2500-3700 per room per night. I could possibly stretch a bit more but only if it was really great deal & inclusions etc. I know my wishlist is high for my budget but sometimes it may be out there & perhaps the experts have some suggestions that I have not seen yet.

NTBR1 can offer garden bungalows (beachfront are full) or standard rooms for BHT2500 (without breakfast) which is a good price for us. I don't believe that row 2 of the garden bungalows are available but I still think these might offer some privacy in a nice setting with the open air shower.

Feedback from my previous post indicates that Sensimar may be quite a walk to local restaurants and Sentido too remote from all but a few restaurants. I have also emailed Centara Seaview and Orchid Beach Resort but have not had a reply yet. There are a couple of possibilities on Ko Lanta but that may be difficult for a Phang Nga Bay day trip due to the distance etc. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Centara Seaview Resort Khao Lak
Centara Seaview Resort...
1,617 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Ko Lanta
Ko Lanta
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,594 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,400 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

In my reply to your previous post at tripadvisor.co.uk/…65610074 I indicated that the Sensimar was further from the beach restaurants than the NTBR resorts but certainly not "quite a walk to local restaurants". The entrance on the highway has immediate (i.e. straight across the road) access to a number of very good restaurants (e.g. Everyday, Golden Elephant) with many more just further down the road. All of these restaurants are easily accessible to all the resorts on Nang Thong Beach that you have mentioned including now the Seaview.

There are no crystal clear waters for swimming on any of Khao Lak's beaches because of the tides and constant movement of the ocean. If it is very still there are just a few places that may be clear at certain times.

The Seaview is a much bigger resort and very family orientated with family accommodation being across the beach access road.

The Cousin Resort where we stay has two family bungalows, each with two bedrooms as well as other bungalows, pool or garden view, that accommodate two or three and are one road back from Bang Niang Beach, have their own pool and restaurant and within easy walking distance of local restaurants overlooking the beach or in Bang Niang. See http://www.cousinresort.com/

See latest maps of Khao Lak at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Mentioned in this post
Golden Beach Resort
Golden Beach Resort
1,008 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
1,820 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

Have you looked at the Sands?

They are currently offering a Luxury Escapes deal for 8 nights that fits your price range. Not sure if the advertised price covers November.

The Sands is closer to the beach restaurants that are located just to the north of the resort.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

Hi tanmar, thanks I had just noticed it a couple of hours ago and got quite excited as it covers our dates. Its a wonderful deal for such a beautiful property. Just looking at the resort now - its huge and a lot bigger than what I had in mind. It only has a few rooms left for my dates so I need to check my flights will match up with the hotel and have plan B in mind just in case the rooms go before I can get the deal confirmed.

I just received a quote from Khao Lak Orchid for similar inclusions but about $200 less in price for the package per couple. Any comments on how they compare for quality, location and walking to local restaurants from Orchid? Its a lot smaller and not as prestigious but would appreciate the feedback. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,400 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

The Orchid is an excellent smaller property and has a better beach frontage than the Sands. There are only a handful of local restaurants by the beach, all nearer than those up from the Sands, with more further up the beach adjacent to the J W Marriott. The Orchid has an excellent and reasonably priced beach facing bistro and is also only 10 minutes by shuttle or taxi from the main townships of Bang Niang and Bang La On. It depends on the size of the property you would feel more comfortable in and what your main priority is, more beautiful location or proximity in the evening to bigger choice of restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
5. Re: NTBR1 or where else for good beach mid November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak