We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is this Resto..

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Where is this Resto..

and is it easily findable

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g612391…

Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is this Resto..

Don't know it personally but it would appear to be situated in Ban Nam Khem which is the village where the ferry to Koh Kho Khao departs from. This seems to be supported by most of the reviewers saying that is where they were staying. Ban Nam Khem is 20km north from Khao Lak on the way to Takua Pa. You probably know the way down to the ferry.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is this Resto..

Thanks

on the way to KKK , will have to find it

sounds like one of those hidden gems...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is this Resto..

Perhaps, perhaps not. Ban Nam Khem does not receive many staying visitors except mostly at the Thai Life Homestay Resort so not many options for visitors to choose from and compare with. Hence you get anomalies in the Review Listing System such as where Mr Ju's restaurant near the Merlin is shown as the No.1 Restaurant in Khao Lak even though it has a relatively few number of reviews compared to other more established and visited places. I'm not criticising either but there are now lots of simple local restaurants throughout Khao Lak serving excellent, cheap food of the type mentioned in the reviews but do not feature in the listings.

If you are looking for a good local restaurant serving excellent fish and seafood go just past the Tsunami Memorial site to the left. Don't know its name as it is in Thai and very much a locals favourite with great views at sunset over KKK and of the fishing boats setting out to sea.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,847 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is this Resto..

I'll check that one out as well, thanks...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is this Resto..

Excellent reviews Will....I would ask one of the reviewers exactly where the resto is...??...!!...They mention that it is in the Baan Nam Khem area which has been mentioned....Positive reviews are a great advertisement because I'm interested too....Correct me if I'm wrong but is Baan Nam Khem a muslim village..??...Not that it makes any difference,just wondering if the meals are any or slightly different to normal southern Thai cuisine..??...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is this Resto..

Baan Nam Khem is not a Muslim village, it is the Thai town that was virtually destroyed by the Tsunami with great loss of life and, like Khao Lak (it's not really in Khao Lak but is included usually as it is the ferry port for Koh Kho Khao and the main fishing port to the north) has regenerated and redeveloped wonderfully. It is very much a local working town and not in the least touristy.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is this Resto..

On the trip to KKK , or return, it sounds like the perfect place to stop, to experience local life, and reflect..

8. Re: Where is this Resto..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak