We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach quality at NTBR

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
35 reviews
Beach quality at NTBR

Can you offer some comment on the beaches near NTBR in November. I thought that I read somewhere that the beach was not that good here but I have looked at just about every property in Khao Lak by now so I could be getting confused. Ideally I am looking for nice quality sandy beach for swimming and relaxing. I don't want a shingle/rough coral. Thanks

Perth
Level Contributor
586 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Beach quality at NTBR

The beach near NTBR is sandy and fairly protected in November. Not quite like the white sandy beach in your avatar.

More a yellow sand with some rocks along the beach. No coral or shingle on the beach.

Have a look at the photo's of the beaches in high season that Arandora has posted.

They give you a good idea and comparison of all the Khao Lak beaches.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Beach quality at NTBR

Thanks tanmar, I meant to look at Arandors's photos but it has taken a while to get my head around the different beaches and their associated eating opportunities around them and trying to choose between Khao Lak or Ko Lanta to get the nicest hotel/beach/location for our budget as I need 3 rooms. We want nice beaches and to walk to local beach restaurants. It doesn't have to be Coolangatta Beach (my avatar) but just nice sand, clear water and affordableThai food!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Beach quality at NTBR

See reply to your other thread and here's a link to pics of all the beaches tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

4. Re: Beach quality at NTBR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak