We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rates for November 2015

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Rates for November 2015

Can you advise when most hotels list their rates for November? Most hotel websites don't have their prices listed and Agoda and Booking.com are often showing limited availability or prices way above my budget for what I am looking for. So I'm not sure if the hotels are filling up or the rates are not out yet. Unfortunately we cant take advantage of the fantastic October specials and can only travel from mid November. Can anyone look into their crystal ball for some advice for me please.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rates for November 2015

you might find that quite a few properties have not listed their rates yet for that period

especially on some search engines { agoda these days are expensive ]

maybe wait a few months, and then look or contact the places of interest to you direct.

just be aware as it seems you are, that as of November 1 most places rates go upppppppppp..big time

hotelscombined .com gives you a good selection of providers

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
990 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rates for November 2015

Contact the hotels of choice direct via e-mail, they are usually happy to provide rates in advance

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rates for November 2015

It is too early for many places and those that do have rates up on booking sites are mostly very expensive. We are travelling at the end of Nov and emailed a couple of places direct but their rates were much higher than when I checked for the same period last year.

I would keep looking and by May I think most should show up on Sawasdee etc. We booked at NTBR1 which we have to confirm in August and no deposit to be paid but will still keep looking just in case something else comes up.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rates for November 2015

Thanks for the advice. I have not booked flights yet but if I don't do this soon the fares will go up. I was starting to feel that I have to make a decision whether to cancel the trip or not.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rates for November 2015

which airline, any preferences

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rates for November 2015

Looking at best fare and connections with SQ transit via SIN to HKT then a flight to BKK and have a few days shopping then home with SQ via SIN. Haven't looked at Scoot but they are out of Coolangatta so its not really convenient. Was not aware until this week that Thai are on the Australian safety radar at present.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rates for November 2015

have a look at matrix and skyscanner.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rates for November 2015

Thanks procol, not heard of Matrix before so will check it out. Having spent my career in the travel agent and airline industry I pay a bit more but always book thru my travel agent & friend as long and the price is always close to the online price. I had major problems recently last year with the Air France strike affecting 2 cancelled flights and she sorted it out (no thanks to Air France for their lack of communication, support or help) so whatever extra I paid was worth it. But thanks anyway for the tip - I have always found skyscanner very useful in the past. Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rates for November 2015

Hi

First re hotels:

No need to panic for booking in November. There is usually plenty of availability until mid December. What is your budget for accommodation? Nang Thong Bay Resort (NTBR1 - see http://www.nangthong.com/ ) and sister resort Nang Thong Beach Resort (NTBR2 - see Nang Thong Beach Resort) are great value resorts in good location on Nang Thong Beach and very popular with Aussies and don't appear on the booking sites (except one German agent's) and can be booked direct. The 4* Orchid Beach Resort on beautiful Khuk Khak Beach has great offers for booking direct - see http://www.khaolakorchid.com/ Look here for a comprehensive list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm and here for a link to latest maps tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Now re flights:

Matrix ITA Airfare Search ( see https://matrix.itasoftware.com/) was used by travel agents to search for flights, then released for general use and then purchased by Google who use it as the basis for its excellent Google Flight Search system - see https://www.google.com/flights/

Hope this helps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rates for November 2015

Thanks arandora that has been very helpful. NTBR looked good to be but I thought I read that the beach was not good around the hotel - is that right? It seems to tick all of the boxes for us and I emailed them earlier. I feel that I am suffering from research burn out now and thought that I must have missed any deals as most prices on agoda and booking.com were way too high or a bit too basic. I don't want to miss out on flights but hesitating to book flights if I am not not keen on the accommodation. I have just sent off an email to Khao Lak Orchid in case they can offer us a good rate. I have been tossing up between Khao Lak and Ko Lanta and eventually it will come down to best location for beach, local food and quality of the accommodation so will see what transpires. Thanks so much.

Interesting story about Matrix, I am usually a bit sceptical with a site I am not familiar with so good to know its background. Will check it out tomorrow.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak