We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes Shopping or market

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Clothes Shopping or market

Where can I buy cheap clothes near khao lak, and not a suit

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

What kind of clothes do you mean? Plenty of shops and the market selling shirts, T-shirts, jeans, shorts etc but if you want branded casual clothes then Jung Ceylon in Patong, Central Festival just outside Phuket Town or Robinson's in Phuket Town have most choice and are nearest. There is also the Premier Outlet Mall on the airport by-pass in the way to Patong.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

Arandora

Thanks for your reply as it answers my question as I was just after tee shirts and shorts. I was under the impression that th markets in kha o lak mainly did food

Regards Dave

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

Dave

Far from it. There are lots of clothing stalls including local ones at local prices that are so low it is embarrassing to haggle over price. Many of the souvenir type clothing stalls are operated by owners with shops selling the same goods in both Bang La On and Bang Niang.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
15 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

It was recommended that ddln001 was a better tag that previous tag, and I agree.

Dave

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
644 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

Hi, we're here now staying at Cousin Resort. Can't find much info on the markets (only have phone).

Would somebody mind letting me know where the markets are? When they are open & how we might best get there from here?

I did read something about a Sunday walking street market?

Any help ver much appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

The Bang Niang Market is open three afternoons a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays from about 2pm to 7pm. Have you asked staff at Reception where it is? Everybody knows it. Go up the beach road towards the highway and just opposite the new IL Bella Plaza on your left there is a road leading past Cloud 9 on your right and Green Pepper on your left which leads to the rear entrance of the market. Otherwise its main entrance is on the highway opposite the Tsunami Police Boat Memorial Site.

Takua Pa Old Town Walking Street Market only opens on Sundays from about 3pm to 7pm and is about 25kn north from Bang Niang. You will need a taxi or a tour to get there.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Market
Bang Niang Market
956 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Takua Pa
Takua Pa
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
644 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

Thanks Arandora haven't asked reception yet but will do. Was just researching a bit here first when came across this post so thought I would ask.

The owners here are apparently on holidays & Sang's sister is in charge, they forgot to pick us up at the airport so not off to a good start :-(

Thanks will check them out tomorrow

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
15 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

Let us know what you think? Reviews are pretty good

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

We went to the market last night. It starts sometime in the afternoon, but you wouldn't want to get there while the sun is still rearing its head above the trees as it is very hot! This is not to be underestimated. Food options are good with a large variety: normal BBQ'ed meats on a stick - pork, chicken etc, ribs, corn, fish balls, sweets/cakes, insects, turtle, souvlaki's, fruits, shakes, beers.. I'm sure I've missed a few. As far as clothes it is worth it as far as Khao Lak options go, but after a few of the same stall all we could think of was getting back to a cold shaded area for a few drinks. There area a few bars scattered throughout the market playing music but majority of food is found near the entrance.

If you're in Bang Niang, its basically next to the traffic lights on the main road (beach side).

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
15 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothes Shopping or market

Thanks for the detail info .chomping at the bit to get Khao oak ,it's nice to be going somewhere that you've been given so much information i believe that's the difference between having a good time and an excellent

Time.special mention to Arandora you have pulled no punches when it comes to giving a constructive unbiased Opinons

Cheers