We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

leeds
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

We are looking at going to the Marriott in November ,our first trip long haul.Normally we like going for walks from the resort .if staying at the Marriott would we be able to walk along the beach to bang niang where shops and restaurants are during the day and how long would this take. and how far would we be able to walk if leaving the hotel the other way going north.

We would like to go to white sands beach -how far is this from the marriott and is it in walking distance.

Would like to eat at the beach restaurants on an evening but not bothered about nightlife.so not sure if the ramada gives us more choice or to get the shuttle bus from the marriott to bang niang when we want to eat ou where it is busier.

Loch Lomond and The...
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

Hi, I've just booked the Ramada which I've been assured is a great location in Bang Niang.

We got a great rate of £400 for 10 nights B&B which i was told to snap up at that price.

It is low season when we go in June but maybe worth checking out the rates in November.

Hope this helps.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

From the JWM to the northern end of Bang Niang Beach a good 45 minutes crossing one creek then the one across to Bang Niang Beach. From there another 10-15 minutes to the bottom of the beach road lined with restaurants, bars and small shops and adjacent to the three afternoons a week market and leading up to the highway where there are more restaurants. All of these are closer to the Ramada. How far north depends on your stamina and ability to avoid being burned or dehydrated. It is about 30 minutes to Cape Pakarang just past Memories Beach Club and Restaurant. You would have to cross the Cape across scrub land onto a rocky and difficult to walk part of Pak Weeb Beach to get to White Sand Beach but Coconut Beach and the Boatyard just before it is much nicer. A taxi is advisable for that trip.

See photos to date this High Season of all Khao Lak Beaches at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

and latest maps including Bang Niang in detail at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

leeds
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

Hi

Thats a great price did you book direct with the hotel or someone like booking .com.

will definately check prices as was looking at going with Thomson or virgin.

thanks

leeds
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

Thanks for the info that was really useful.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

CXimpare prices of a Thomnson or Virgin package with cost of booking flights and hotels separately as it often works out cheaper. Transfers from and to Phuket Airport are easy to arrange and usually cheaper than package or hotel prices. Use Skyscanner.net to search for flights for your dates but book direct through the airline or a respected on line agency like Experia.com or NetFlights.com or contact Trailfinders or Travelbag for a combined quote.

Loch Lomond and The...
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

The hotel was booked independently through travelbag. It is low season so possibly the rates won't be the same in November. I booked the flights separately. I've never been able to get a package cheaper than DIY. Emirates fly dubai to phuket which helps, no need to change in Bkk.

7. Re: Marriott hotel or hotel in Bang niang area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations