We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

London
Level Contributor
335 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

We are regular visitors to Thailand and always change our money in Thailand.

However, looking at the exchange rates here - http://daytodaydata.net/ - and ignoring Super Rich as we won't be in Bangkok - I'm seeing rates around 47.5-47.6 available.

We are flying in to Phuket airport so will either change there or if there is somewhere suitable to exchange in Bang Niang.

There is an offer on for an exchange rate of 47.12 here in London - giving me only roughly 400THB less than the rates shown on the link above. And I'm tempted (for the first time) to change a good amount here before leaving.

Can anyone provide me a better idea of what's available at the moment? Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

Last week I got 47.73 and 48.21 in Nang Thong.

Haven't changed anything this week in Bang Niang. But have been looking, and not seen anything to better 47.73.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

Bang La On (Nang Thong is the beach) has branches of the major banks with exchange desks outside or in the case of the Kasikorn Bank a stand alone kiosk near to Mc Donalds as well as private money change kiosks made up to look as though they were bank kiosks. Bang Niang only has private money changers, the one giving consistently better rates than other money changers being next to Pinoccios Italian Restaurant. You get the same rates in Bang La On (Nang Thong is the beach) as you get in Bang Niang generally with bank exchanges slightly higher than money changers. Kasikorn is currently showing 47.65 so if you can get 47.12 with no delivery charges buying some in advance gives you some certainty. You do get less at Phuket airport though.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
London
Level Contributor
335 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

Thanks to you both - very helpful

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

Dealt @ 47.8 in Bang Niang tonight.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
5. Re: Current exchange rates in Khao Lak (esp Bang Niang)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations