We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak to Phuket by bus

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Khao lak to Phuket by bus

Get the local bus, only costs 100 baht, and takes about 2 hours.

Then when u arrive at the bus station ( it stops at 2 in Phuket, you want the last, where it terminates, unless you want otherwise.)

You can then catch a taxi to where ever.

I was going to patpong, 500 baht for the 2 of us. I can't comment how much to any of the other beaches.

Many of the tour desks will charge you 2000 each. Even then, they will take you somewhere then stick you on the local bus ( I know, happened to me few years ago)

The hotel security will flag the bus down for you if u ask them, think it's every hour or every half hour they run.

So what would potentially cost 4000 baht for two of us......actually cost 700 baht....what a bargain.

Go local!!

A great way to mingle with the locals, and most of the buses are very comfy.

And the same applies in reverse...phuket to kho lak .

khao lak
Level Contributor
261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao lak to Phuket by bus

i dont know what tour desk you have used,the price for a car to patong is 1800b limo 2000b no need to go to the bus station,get of at the bypass,cross the road and wave any taxi down,400b and 1 hr off the journey time.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao lak to Phuket by bus

Not sure why you would want to go to a tour desk to book just a taxi.

3. Re: Khao lak to Phuket by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak