We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkelling/ diving trips in Khao Lak

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
snorkelling/ diving trips in Khao Lak

We're travelling to stay in Khao Lak from the 3rd April for 2 weeks.... we've been looking at trips and excursions to do whilst we're there and have seen various snorkeling/diving trips that look amazing.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea if these trips are available as a day trip? (as many we've seen are a few days long).

Also we are novice divers/ snorkelers ... would this be a problem??

and has anyone got any idea of cost???

Thanks in advance!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkelling/ diving trips in Khao Lak

Sea Bees do day diving trips to Similians that also have snorkellers on board. We've used them a number of times in past years, this year the boat broke down whilst we were there for a few days, I had a look around for an alternative and Big Blue Diving were the only other company I could see that do day trips and not just liveaboards.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkelling/ diving trips in Khao Lak

Forgot to add, cost for Silmilian Day trip diving was about £4900 baht including transfers, breakfast & lunch plus drinks

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
5,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkelling/ diving trips in Khao Lak

I would also strngly recommend SeaBees, I have used them twice, and both occassions were good.

The Similians are certainly worth visiting, although this is a long trip, but there is a chance to see manta rays.

4. Re: snorkelling/ diving trips in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak