We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

I am struggling to find a hotel to suit us in peak season. I am wondering if there are smaller towns north or south of Khao Lak with nice beaches and a few places to eat. I don't want to do Phuket.

Thanks!

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Hi ,

If you are talking about the next high season november to mid April it is likely that the hotels have not released the room rates yet which is probably why they are showing no availability .as for peak season Christmas new year it is the most expensive time to go but there should be good availability at this time of year for booking.there is no real choices either side of khao lak,mostly isolated hotels with very little nearby.

Edited: 16 March 2015, 23:55
Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

I agree with the poster above, we are looking at booking for late Nov 2015 and most of our preferred hotels are showing booked out on their websites and booking sites. An email to a few of them had answered with plenty of availability they just haven't released their rooms yet.

Our preferred option has just shown availability in the past few days. I think there will be heaps of vacancies if you wait a little bit.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Oh wow, I had no idea they did that. So it might be better to email places. That's heartening to hear.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Have you tried Booking.com? Put in your dates and use the More Options feature to search for properties with more than 1 room and children and my search came up with over 100 results of various types and prices for your dates. Look at properties in your price range and come back for more information on any you fancy.

In answer to your question though Khao Lak stretches for over 25km from north to south but other than the small island of Koh Kho Khao, 20km north plus short ferry ride with limited accommodation with nearby places to eat, there are no other small beach towns that offer tourist accommodation near to Khao Lak in either direction.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

I have searched that way on booking dot com, but was coming up with places that were either many thousands of dollars per night, and only one or two actual possibilities.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Just did it again for us, and got 16 results including one for $38,000 Australian dollars!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Have you tried Cousin? They have two, two bedroom, two bathroom family bungalows or two adjacent ordinary bungalows? Also just down from Cousin are Ayara Villas which have family accommodation as does Nang Thong Bay resort and Centara Seaview in Bang Lap On/ Nang thong Beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

Ayara was out of the price range but will check the rest. Thanks!!!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

See you soon Alan.

Walked all the way from Walkers today.

Looked at Motive first.

Then got shown round a couple of bungalows at Cousins, and bagged one from this Saturday for a week.

Looks perfect!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: If Khao Lak is booked out, are there alternatives?

We think so! 👍

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak