We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

I was wondering if anyone has a more recent comparison of Nang Thong Bay Resort 1 vs Nang Thong Beach Resort 2. Is one more updated/cleaner/friendlier staff/nicer beach/ less crowded? Any recommendations on bungalow vs room in the building? I saw there are a few older posts on here, but nothing that is recent. Thank you much.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
183 posts
98 reviews
1. Re: Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

I have only stayed at Nang Thong Bay (1), I chose this over the other as it is closer to walk up to supermarket, restaurants, etc. I chose apartment, 3rd floor and will do again. I feel better lighting for walking back at night however my friends chose a garden apartment (did have sea view) and they were really happy with it. Cheers.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

We have stayed at NTBR1 5 times now in 3 years, 3 times in a beach front, once on the 2nd row and once on the ground floor of the building. It is always going to be beach front for us, and if not available one on the 2nds row with a sea view. The building room was fine, large comfy with a large bath, but the beach front just has the atmosphere.

Mornington...
Level Contributor
183 posts
98 reviews
3. Re: Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

Sorry, I did mean my friends stayed in a Garden Bungalow, sorry for any confusion.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
392 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

There are several forum posts comparing the two if you search for them. I seem to remember that there were only minor differences. Nang Thong 1 has outdoor showers, one had a bigger pool, a nicer beach (can't remember which) and so on. Do not remember one being 'updated/cleaner/friendlier' though I think Nang Thong 2 is newer. Most reviews recommended the bungalows over the building rooms and Nang Thong 1 had family rooms. I think you would be happy with either though seem to remember someone saying at some stage that number 1 was closing for a refurbishment during the coming green season, I don't know if this is true.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

g'day all

have stay'd at both (because we wanted beach front bungalow )

apart from outdoor shower at 1 , an a couple of other miner differences

i would say SAME SAME

cheers bat

6. Re: Nang Thong Bay (1) vs Nang Thong Beach (2)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2016, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak