We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging currency

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Exchanging currency

Hi guys,

I have been told by many to change up our currency into Baht when we arrive in Phuket/Khao Lak. What's the best way to go about this? Prepaid travel cards seem to have a maximum daily withdrawal limit of £300-£500 which isn't ideal given I would rather withdraw our funds in one go and put in our hotel room safe.

Are there any ATM's in the Khao Lak South Beach area near the Merlin?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,654 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Exchanging currency

Take cash & change it when you're in Thailand. Best way to get the most for your money, as you pay no fees

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Exchanging currency

Agree with Jay. Why put money on a prepaid card which you pay 180 baht per withdrawal (no Thai bank allows unlimited withdrawals for any card)?

If you are prepared to keep your full amount of Thai currency in your hotel or room safe, why not take cash, go 10 minutes over the mountain into Bang La On, the main town, and change amounts when you need to at one of the main bank exchanges there? I'm sure you will be going there for dining and/or shopping.

There are ATMs near Khao Lak Beach at the small shopping plaza there.

3. Re: Exchanging currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2016, 12:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak