We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Hi we will be staying in Khao Lak during the last week in October and am after some recommendations on budget accommodation in bang niang within walking distance to restaurants and markets. We have already booked the JW Marriott for 3 nights in pool access rooms which is our treat but this means we need to stay somewhere a lot cheaper for the first 4 nights! Budget is around $110p/n for a room that will sleep 2 adults and 2 children or if we need to book 2 rooms for the 4 of us then around $50-60 a night per room. I was going to book the leaf on the sands in 2 x villa rooms which fits the bill but ideally wanted to be in bang niang.

Must have decent pool for kids but not worried if not located near the beach. P.s Apsara have great rates atm of $55 a night which is an option but really wanted to spend at least half our time in town area as we will be isolated at JW when there!! Thanks in advance and looking forward to returning to khao lak for the second time!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Monochrome Resort could suit....we are booked to go there in May. It's in Bang Niang area just a few minutes walk from the beach, the market and the restaurants on Bang Niang Rd. We booked it as it's centrally located and great proximity to shops and food, and we are not ones to be at the beach all day. The pool looks nice and the price was great, our room was around $60/night AUD.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

ayara , or fanari

fanari has decent poolside bungalows that will be in your price range

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Monochrome is adults only unfortunately. That's unless they have changed it from when we were there in October.

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

try cousin resort or there is also Leaf Oceanside.

I have done a lot of research and finding rooms to accommodate 4 is quite difficult

good luck

UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

We are staying at cousin resort In April with our 2 kids in a family bungalow.. Looks good I can review it on our return if you like

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

ooops you're right Jocus, Monochrome is AO - my mistake, sorry!

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Thank you everyone for your suggestions so far! Will look at both Fanari and cousin. A review of cousin resort would be appreciated scubagoose!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Arandora our resident expert always stays at Cousin. I think that says it all.

Linda

Edited: 28 February 2015, 06:11
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

Definitely consider Cousin Resort. Stayed there for 3 weeks Dec/Jan this year. Second time in Khao Lak but first time in Bang Niang and Cousin (we stayed at Nang Thong Bay Resort 2 previously and recommend also if not high season). We are a family of 2 adults and 4 kids and booked a 2 bedroom family room (our 2 youngest shared a king size single) and staff provided an extra bed also. Accommodation is no frills but clean, has air conditioning in bedrooms, and a large fridge which is handy with kids. Pool isn't large but is plenty big enough for the kids. Close to everything you need, quick walk to the beach. Really enjoyed our stay, will be booking again. Hope that helps.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bang niang budget accommodation with children

I think Kru-6 says it all about our home from home for 5 months every year, the Cousin Resort. All I would add is that October is Low Season and you will get great rates (as you should at all accommodation) but it will likely be very quiet - ok if you want the pool to yourselves.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations