We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak national park

Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
Khao lak national park

hoping to take a taxi there from merlin hotel. Can anyone advise on entry cost and if there are walks that can be done without a guide. Will it be ok to go in non walking shoes and parents in their 60s?!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Khao lak national park

Are you thinking of Khao Sok National Park? Refer this link if so:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1657011-i16537-…

Remember, the search function is your friend!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Khao lak national park

I think the OP may be referring to Khao Lak Lamru National Park which essentially covers all of Khao Lak. It's HQ and Visitor Centre is on the left of the mountain road coming from Phuket and less than 10 minutes by taxi from the Merlin. The entrance fee, I think, is 200 baht which covers the immediate area with an orchid trail, a walk down to a restaurant with great views over the countryside and down to "the little Sandy Beach", a small; enclosed and exposed (sand gets VERY hot!) beach only accessible by two trails and from the sea. No guided walks and trails are signposted. Walking sandals or trainers are fine, even for wrinklies in their 60's like my wife and I, ;-)

If it is Khao Sok National Park the Op is referring to, that is an entirely different matter and there is lots of information on it in the separate forum in the link in previous reply.

Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Khao lak national park

Perfect thank you!

Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Khao lak national park

Thank you very much arandora, do you also have any similar advice on waterfalls nearby? Thank you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Khao lak national park

Chong Fah waterfall is just outside Bang Niang. A taxi will take you to the National Park kiosk. If you go on the same day as Khao Lak Lamru there should only be one entrance fee. It is quite a walk to the waterfall which has three tiers and quite difficult to climb up the path to the top tier, particularly if wet underfoot. About 20inutes from the Merlin.

Further north about 35 minutes from Merlin is Sairung Waterfall. It is not far from beautiful Pak Weeb Beach so you could combine both. There is also Sairung Elephant Trek nearby.

Level Contributor
20 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Khao lak national park

Great thank you so much

7. Re: Khao lak national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations