We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak in Early October

1 post
Save Topic
Khao Lak in Early October

My friends and I want to go to Khao Lak in early October for my birthday. Is the weather really that bad? Please help us out.

I know they say it rains but how bad is the rain? Can we still enjoy the beaches?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Mornington...
Level Contributor
177 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak in Early October

Was staying at NTBR1 for 12 nights early to mid October last year and weather was not a problem for us. On a number of days there was a downpour in the afternoon but it didn't last long and we were able to get out and about again, mostly sunny days. However nobody knows what it will be like this year. If you look below under the heading "Location" you will find others have also added their comments.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak in Early October

Hi,

We have done many trips to khao lak and other parts of Thailand during the last 3 weeks of October and must agree with the previous poster that the weather is not a problem.sure on some days you will get a shower or even a down pour and rarely lasts for long.this tends to happen late afternoon/early evening and has never had a detrimental impact on our time there. Unfortunately this is a topic that tends to come up regularly and gets people quoting historically from out of date books and guides and have never been during the month of October.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak in Early October

We also go to Khao Lak mid-late October for the past 3 years. Any rain has been for around an hour, the clouds clear and it dries up. Normally its a welcome break from the sun, and time for a coffee or beverage. We haven't yet lost a day to rain in 3 October visits, just hope I haven't jinxed myself. We'll be back later this year again, plus maybe June as well, if the right air sale comes along.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lak in Early October

Hi

I have been to Khao Lak in the Green Season, June and it rained at some point everyday, but only short heavy showers, didn't have a whole day rain.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
5. Re: Khao Lak in Early October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak