We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hi all thinking of staying at green beach resort is location ok for bars and resturants and is it flat enough to hire bikes and is there hire shops for bikes thanks all

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location

There are a number of beach bars and restaurants starting from the Green Beach's own mainly to the right past the Sands Resort. There are many others going left along the beach access road and then left and along up Nang Thong Beach Road to the highway at Nang Thong Supermarket which is the centre of Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak where there are many more. You can hire bikes in several places throughout Khao Lak, including at Tiffy's Café which is to the left from the Nang Thong Supermarket and on the opposite side just past the Smile Restaurant. It is a very busy highway with a scooter lane on either side but it depends where and how far you want to cycle in very hot and dehydrating conditions and if between May and October prone to sudden downpours.

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location

Hi thanks for that arandora we was looking at the last week in october will the weather be mainly sunny then, also have you stayed at green beach resort the prices seem really good also is there any other resorts like these little bungalow things in this sort of area near bars and resturants many thanks jan

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location

Hi

It's impossible to predict what the weather will be like these days. October is the last month of the Wet Season and in past years the second highest month, after September, for being the wettest. However, there is usually plenty of sun and of recent years less rain. However, one of the benefits of the Wet Season is that accommodation prices fall to as much as half of the Dry Season which runs from May to October. Although plenty of restaurants away from the beach and those overlooking the beach stay open, a number especially near the beach that are affected by high tides and stormy weather close but start to open if conditions permit from mid-October onwards.

We've not stayed at the Green Beach but know it very well. There are other bungalow resorts nearby like the Nang Thong Bay Resort (NTBR1) and just down from it the Nang Thong Beach Resort (NTBR2) which are a bit more expensive but better accommodation with their own pool and restaurant and better beach.

See here for a comprehensive list of accommodation of all sorts through Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

What is your budget for accommodation?

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak Green Beach Resort
Khao Lak Green Beach...
155 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
306 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Mornington...
Level Contributor
177 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location

I was at NTBR1 in October last year, although there was a downpour in afternoon on a number of days it didn't last long and we were able to get back out again, who knows what it will be like this year however I will be going again. I have only walked through Green Beach and from what I saw I prefer NTBR1 but I did go to their beach front restaurant for lunch on many occasions, food and value really good.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak Green Beach...
155 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location

Hi thanks for that nang thong beach reort does look good and in budget im prob going to move dates to november so better chance of decent weather as i like snorkelling and sea trips thanks all for advice jan

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location

Jan

Not to further confuse you but weather last October was better than November which was mostly cloudy and plenty of rain. The Similan and Surin Islands open for snorkel tours from 15th October and accommodation prices increase from 1st

November,

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,188 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location

Thanks for that it sounds very similar to our un predictable weather in uk thanks jan

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location

Jan

We have been in Khao Lak the last 3 years in late October-early November at NTBR1 each time. The weather hasn't been a problem to date. Some days you get an afternoon shower for an hour then it dries up. Touch wood - we haven't lost a full day to rain in 5 visits to Khao Lak (now I've jinxed myself).

One thing you should be aware of is most hotel rates go up 1st November.

I fully agree with Jem, Green Beach food on the beach is great, we always wander up quite a few mornings for breakfast when we are at NTBR1.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Khao Lak Green Beach...
155 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location

... and note that Green Beach, NTBR1 & NBR2 are only low season until October 15 ... their prices double to high season rate from the 16th Oct.

As per arandora and tezzat ... most other resorts go to high season Nov 1st :-)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak Green Beach...
155 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
10. Re: Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2016, 10:46