We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Bang La On to Bang Niang

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Bang La On to Bang Niang

Hi

I am staying at the Khao Lak Grand City Hotel in Bang La On. I love walking and I am planning to visit the Market at Bang Niang. My plan for the day was, to get a Taxi to Bang Niang in the morning, get dropped off at Chong Fah, go for a walk on the beach. Lunch at Chong Fah, then walk up to the market. Taxi back to my hotel.

I have since thought I may as well walk on the beach from Nang Thong, to Bang Niang in the morning, then revert to my original plan lunch at Chong Fah, market, taxi back to the hotel.

Is it still possible to walk on the beach from Nang Thong to Bang Niang and will there be any where to stop for a drink.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Bang La On to Bang Niang

Yes you can still walk from Nang Thong Beach to Bang Niang Beach but it depends on whether the tide is in and how full the creek between the two just before the Ramada Resort is. The little ferry that used to be there to get you across when the channel is deep does not always operate. Also getting off Bang Niang Beach at the Chong Fah Restaurant can be tricky if the tide is right in so get off before it behind the Pine Restaurant which takes you past the entrance to the Ramada and join the beach road opposite Pinoccio's so nearer to the back entrance to the market.

After the Sands Resort on Nang Thong Beach you first have Peter Bar then there is a row of restaurant/bars just back from the beach leading up to the creek.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Chong Fah Restaurant
Chong Fah Restaurant
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Peter Bar & Restaurant
Peter Bar & Restaurant
496 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Bang La On to Bang Niang

Thanks Arandora.

I did wonder if the ferry would be running all the time. I will try the walk to Bang Niang on a day I am not going to the Market, if I can't get across the Creek, then it is OK, I will walk back along the beach, back to Nang Thong. The Market will be better done by taxi both ways.

Thanks for answering a question I was about to ask, the location of Peter's Bar, now I know where it is.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
3. Re: Walking Bang La On to Bang Niang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2016, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak