We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

I purchased a Luxury Escapes deal for the J W Marriott several weeks back. Since that time I have emailed them twice, on the first occasion three weeks ago and on the second two weeks ago. I have not received an acknowledgement that the emails have been received let alone any advice as to the requested dates being available.

Subsequently I contacted Luxury Escapes last week with the above-mentioned problem but to date I have received no advice from them either.

Has anyone else who purchased the deal for J W Marriott had a similar experience of waiting for weeks for a reply?

Edited: 08 February 2015, 07:50
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

I purchased the luxury escape package two weeks ago today and followed the instructions. I have emailed four times to the booking@ Marriott address as well as support@ luxury escape with no response. I also rang luxury escapes about a week ago and they said they have been overrun with the offer and to keep,all my emails, because they are supposed to advise if your preferred dates are ok within 14 days or you get a full refund?? In my last email I have mentioned going to the Dept of Fair trading and still no response. I am concerned as I paid two weeks ago with nothing to show for it!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

I'm going to ask for a refund. If they are overwhelmed with emails for dates then it doesn't sound as if they can handle it.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

Might be worth a long distance call to JWM. I've experienced problems with Emails generally here since we arrived in November. Met GM of the Beyond the other day and they aren't having problems with Luxury Escapes.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

I know when I booked a deal I called the hotel direct and booked my dates that way. It's time consuming and expensive, but at least you will get an answer.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

I got my dates within a few days. I think they are concentrating on this years dates (mine is for June 2015). If you are trying to book for dates in 2016 I don't think you are a priority. They are still taking bookings for this year from last years deal which finishes in Oct 2015.

Linda

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

I don't know whether someone alerted J W Marriott Khao Lak to this thread but I received an apology and a positive response within five hours of posting. Shouldn't have to do that, but at least I now know they awake!!!!!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

We need a like button!

Linda

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

Well unfortunately I still haven't received a response - how can I get a response?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

Email again. Phone call.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
10. Re: What's going on with J W Marriott bookings?

We had the same problem. I emailed them 3 time and the other couple travelling with us phoned luxury escapes about 3 times. We were trying to get confirmation within the fortnight as we were travelling with teachers and therefore were limited with dates. We finally got an answer after the last email demanded a response immediately and a phone call accused Luxury escapes of running a scam. Since confirming the dates with the hotel we have not had confirmation back to questions asked. They say they are overrun with requests?????

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak