We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving?

Durham
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Diving?

What is the diving like in Khao Lak? Thinking of going in March.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving?

Khao Lak is probably the most popular base for diving in the Andaman Sea in and around Khao Lak, including the Similan Islands, Koh Tachai, the Surin Islands, Richelieu Rock and especially with liveaboard up to Myanmar.

There are many Dive Centres throughout Khao Lak, some with offices in the bigger resorts. See this link for a list of some khaolak-info.net/directory/divecentres.htm

Also http://thailanddiveandsail.com/ and https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Dive+Centres+in+Khao+Lak&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=2UK2VJ3ZJcSMuATu44D4BQ

Also look at Things to Do in the green menu bar at the top of the forum listing page.

Edited: 08 February 2015, 07:18
Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Andaman Seafood Restaurant
Andaman Seafood...
388 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,188 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Malaysia - Fiji
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving?

As suggested above, if you are in Khao Lak you are very close to Thailand's best dives sites - the Similan islands. There are some decent sites accessible from Khao Lak on daytrips but it would be a shame to be so close to the Similans and not take a few days liveaboard there.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Durham
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving?

Thanks would love to be able to do a livaboard but I get so sea sick its unbelievable! have to make do with day trips at least that way I get my feet on land at the end of the day.

lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving?

Hi. My twins who are 15 would also like to try. Are there any companies that could've recommended for teens to learn with ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving?

Most dive centres will offer learner courses. Just call in when you are in Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
6. Re: Diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2016, 10:46