We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding dilemma

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
283 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding dilemma

My research has just started but I am already feeling overwhelmed. I am somewhat a Thailand expert having travelled here alot over the past 9 years but trying to organise my wedding is a whole new level.

I am currently trying to decide on whether to hold it in Khao Lak, Phuket or Koh Lanta... and it will depend purely on meeting budget and other criteria...

I need a beautiful beach (all three qualify I know) with accommodation to a) suit all budgets b) have a family room for 2 adults/2 kids (interconnecting ok but prefer big bungalow) and c) also is wheelchair friendly for my mother in law... Ideally the wheelchair friendly resort would have an interconnecting room so that she can stay in one and my brother in law can stay with her next door (or 2 bedroom apartment).

If we can find a resort/bungalow operation that suits all budgets and is wheelchair/family friendly great, if we can't at least a bunch of resorts close together on the same beach within walking distance...

Ideally we want beach front but because it is January we are looking at, the budget is blowing out! We personally can allow a good chunk of money for ourselves but its the guests we are worried about (esp Mum in wheelchair).

Soooooo any ideas on good resorts to stay? Also happy to separate and do our ceremony and reception separate to the resort?

My ideal wedding is a lovely grassed area overlooking a beautiful beach for the wedding ceremony followed by a good beach front restaurant where we can have a big table on the sand with lanterns all around, music in the background, fire dancers entertaining and we can dance in the sand... and ideally everyone can order off the menu at a reasonable price for drinks and meals including seafood? Would prefer that to the 2000-3000 baht per head I keep coming across.... its Thailand and I dont want to spend more on food/alcohol than what i would back home!

Help please! All ideas welcome!

Reet

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding dilemma

Hi Reet

The most popular resorts that help plan, organise and provide wedding facilities are:

5* Sarojin with accommodation for wedding couple, wedding down the beach by the sea under the trees. Other accommodation for rest of party at the 4* Kantary Beach to the left and three bungalow resorts to the right which would suit al budgets. Wheelchair access might be a problem as it is a beach wedding.

5* Pullman Kafiliya Beach Resort (formerly Le Meridien) with wide range of accommodation and varips on site locations for the wedding itself. Not far from the Sarojin so guests could use the accommodation options of the Kantary and White Sand Beach.

Both these resorts are on Oak Qeeb Beach, the most beautiful one in Khai Lak.

5* J W Marriott located on beautiful Khuk Khak Beach with a purpose built grassed area with marquee adjacent to the beach for private wedding and reception. Only other accommodation nearby are Andamania Resort, Blue Lagoon and Orchid Beach Resort. Adjacent beach restaurants for remainder of holiday. .

4* Orchid Beach Resort - wedding on the beach with range of accommodation options plus Blue Kagoon and Andamania nearby. 10 minutes by shuttle/taxi from main townships of Khao Lak .

4* Ramada on best part of Bang Miang Beach with wedding on beach inside in ballroom or grassed area. Plenty of accommodation nearby to meet all budgets.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,497 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Andamania Beach Resort
The Andamania Beach...
229 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
763 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding dilemma

Thanks Arandora, can always count on you!

I looked at Sarojin but they dont allow children to stay and we have two! So its out!

The other two I am interested in that you may know about is The Sands and Apsara??

apsara seems a good choice price wise for accommodation but I am yet to hear back from them re wedding packages..

The Sands have been fantastic in responding and their prices for weddings is more than reasonable.. however their accommodation is a little more pricey. They suggested The Leaf as an alternative for our more budget conscious guests?

Can you tell me about those two resorts at all? Restaurants and bars nearby? what the quality of the beach is like here? Thoughts on the resorts themselves?

Thanks so much... I will start researching your other suggestions now!

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding dilemma

Hi Reet,

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals!

We witnessed a couple of weddings at The Sands and they were BEAUTIFUL.....

Perhaps some guests (including yourselves) could stay there in a family room and your other guests could stay at The Leaf on the sands. The Leaf is on the driveway to the sands, a short walk on a wheelchair friendly pavement.

Great accommodation at both, nice beach lots of beautiful restaurants nearby (Smile being one of our favourites). Perfect location.

If I were getting married again, I wouldn't hesitate to do it at the Sands. It really is lovely.

Happy planning and please keep us updated.

Cheers

Verrena

P.S The Sands has a great kids club as well!

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding dilemma

Thankyou for a wonderful reply! The Sands almost wins however their family room is about $100 more expensive ($300 a night) compared to Apsara... It's definitely on the short list

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
478 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding dilemma

We got married at La Flora in Khao Lak and had a wonderful day. Everything ran smoothly, looked amazing, all well planned. Reception was delicious. From what I recall they have a range of accommodation options as well so could meet most requirements.

We asked for a group discount with booking accommodation, and they were happy to help.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,141 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding dilemma

Hi Reet

So it is you after all these years!

I was remiss in not mentioning the Sands plus Leaf on the Sands Combo plus now you could have Sands, Leaf on the Sands just up from it on the highway plus the very recently opened Leaf Oceanside ( same standard as the other Leaf and just as good value a few hundred metres south. The beach directly at the Sands is not the best bit is better to the right.

The Apsara is on The very secluded but beautiful Pakarang Beach with just a handful of other resorts and local restaurants nearby and 20-25 minute shuttle or taxi onto town. See pics of all Khap Lak beaches from November to date at paste tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

The La Flora is next door to the Ramada and so shares its location advantages.

Regards

Alan

Edited: 03 February 2015, 12:16
Mentioned in this post
The Leaf on The Sands
The Leaf on The Sands
310 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Leaf Oceanside
The Leaf Oceanside
343 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,141 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding dilemma

Thanks everyone and Alan .. Yep it's me! Lol xx

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding dilemma

Bound to be a lively do then! ;-)

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding dilemma

If you are around drop in! X

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding dilemma

If it's January 2016 we'll certainly be in Khao Lak.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak