We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This forum saves that day!

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
This forum saves that day!

Just a big thank you to all who contribute to this forum. Of course it great to have opinions or recommendations of places to stay, to eat, trips to take but thanks to the details given about medical contacts they have probably saved my 3 yr old (and the rest of us by default!) the joys of what is likely to have been a hospitalisation later in our holiday. Due to me having a niggling suspicion that all was not right & knowing that I could find a doctor easily (thanks to the forum) one visit to Dr Chusak (a very lovely man) not to mention his amazing team, an overnight lab test and my son is on medication that should tide him over until we get home. Even with the results of his test all emailed to me with 24 hrs of visiting Dr Chusak!

As for my 3 yr old happiness was being able to eat sausage, mash & beans at Walkers tonight!

Thank you!

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Level Contributor
146 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This forum saves that day!

Yes, it's true the advice we all gain from trip advisor is amazing.

I am so pleased to hear that your son is OK and now you can all continue your holiday.

Enjoy :)

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,729 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This forum saves that day!

I'm sorry to hear that your son was unwell, it is awful when little ones are sick even more so when you are away from your own doctors.

This forum is such a great resource :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,415 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This forum saves that day!

It is a better forum and getting better as the number of members visit Khao Lak then add their, with very few exceptions, positive and constructive comments and replies.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
965 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This forum saves that day!

Yep,

Isn't Dr Chusak ace!!!

My son seems to visit him every year. He even knows Noah by name now!!!

Hope your son is feeling much better.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This forum saves that day!

Please can someone tell me where Dr Chusak is based in KL? It would be great to take note incase we have any problems on holiday with our children. Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,415 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This forum saves that day!

His surgery is at the northern end of Bang La On on the left hand side just before the entrance to the Sands Resort. Open from 5.30pm to 8.30pm daily without appointment. All ICE (In Case of Emergency) details in the Sticky at the top of the forum.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
965 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This forum saves that day!

He is closed 1 day of the week, I think it's either Sunday or Monday

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This forum saves that day!

Thanks

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: This forum saves that day!

Dr Chusak's evening surgery - where you don't need an appointment- is open 7 days a week. I was concerned that he might be closed on. Sunday but I can definitely vouch for it being open on a Sunday!

10. Re: This forum saves that day!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2016, 12:46