We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khaolak Bhandari or Sensimar - can't decide!!

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
17 reviews
Khaolak Bhandari or Sensimar - can't decide!!

Hi everyone. Well, after loads and loads of research and umming and ahhing and to-ing and fro-ing we have whittled it down to these two hotels in Khao Lak :) ..... really want to know which one would be best for easy access to restaurants, shops etc. and which one has the nicest beach. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thank you so much. I have had my mind put at rest that the last 2 weeks of March is a good time to visit, so now it's just the hotel. Many many thanks once again. Aries x Just don't know what we would do without TA and all the excellent advice.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khaolak Bhandari or Sensimar - can't decide!!

The 4* Sensimar is Adult only and newer and located direct beach front on the junction between Sunset Beach (which it is on) and Nang Thong Beach immediately to its right. It has loungers around the pools and at the edge of the beach shaded by trees. It is right at the bottom of the highway coming over from the direction of Phuket and at the entrance to Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak with dozens of restaurants, shops and bars starting from immediately across the road from its entrance.

The 4* Bhandari is more traditional Thai and is located down the Nang Thong Beach Road from the highway then turn right and it is 400 metres or so on the inland side of the access road that runs parallel with the beach. So it does not have direct beach access nor loungers at the edge of the beach (I don't think). There are restaurants and bars on Nang Thong Beach Road which emerges on the highway at the Nang Thong Supermarket which is the centre of town.

If beach front is a priority then the Sensimar is the better choice and better beach location.

Hope this helps.

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Khaolak Bhandari or Sensimar - can't decide!!

As always you are very helpful - many thanks. Still gonna do a little more research but I must say we're leaning towards the Sensimar. Thanks again Aries x

Paisley, Scotland...
Level Contributor
118 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Khaolak Bhandari or Sensimar - can't decide!!

My wife and I are staying at Bhandari now and love it. There's great options at the top of the road at the market, just a short stroll up the hill.

The beach here is nice enough but a short walk either way will take you to even nicer beach areas. There are no loungers for the beach. Normally we wouldn't go near the pool but it's a lovely pool area at Bhandari.

4. Re: Khaolak Bhandari or Sensimar - can't decide!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2016, 12:46