We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Here is a new package for those waiting for Beyond Resort

luxuryescapes.com/discover-the-romance-of-th…

Linda

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Ooh I got all excited but then saw the surcharge for late November , bugger this would have been amazing.

Great deal though if you are travelling outside surcharge dates.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Hi Linda

Thanks for the post. So many deals available for green season. Think I spent 6 hours last night comparing all the deals. There are some good deals b&b on booking.com The Sensimar and The Sand have room + breakfast for under and close to $1000 for 2 adults x10nights which I think is pretty good.

The search continue ....

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Looks tempting for next year....can anyone tell me approx. distance from Beyond to Bang Niang Rd? Looks like walking distance on the Google map...but Google maps are not that great!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

I had a friend stay there last year on the package. They took the shuttle in at night to eat out. She is pretty fit so I am sure would have walked if she could.

Alan will probably come in with the exact answer.

Linda

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Hi Sweetpea

I have another 6 nights to book after the jw. I have been looking at the sensimar also. Have you had a look at the hotel website. They have a summer package for a good price that also includes free wifi. Of course the price has gone up in the last week with the AUD dropping. It might pay to book online with a site and pay in aud. Decisions decisions lol

Linda

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

My brother in law who is a forex trader emailed me about three months ago advising me to book my Thai holidays then as he said by end of the financial year the $A would be sitting at around 69 cents. At first I didn't believe him but I took his advice. Looking at this morning's newspapers and with a forecast of two interest rate cuts to come his earlier prediction seems to be gloomily true.

If so, it is going to make traveling overseas a lot more expensive for us folks Down Under!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Oh my goodness Exchef that is a depressing thought. (And sorry folks to go off topic) but I did just check the current cost of our 8 nights at Nai Yang in May on today's exchange rate compared to when we booked last June - $200 extra! I've actually just emailed and asked if I can pay now as the money is just sitting there on a debit card that I salary-sacrifice into. It does make these Luxury Escapes packages really attractive as you can lock the price in and not have to worry too about the fluctuation in exchange rate.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Mrssmith

Just put Betond Resort as start and Tony Lodge Khao Kak (which is just opposite top of Bang Niang Beach Road) in directions in Google maps and it will give exact distance. It is about 20 minutes by car so not walking distance unless you are a very serious, and brave, walker! :-)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Thanks for the tip Arandora - a wealth of information as always :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury Escapes package at Beyond Resort

Yes I exchanged some money a couple of weeks ago for my trip in May. I know its always best to do it in Thailand but with the dollar dropping all the time I think I'll be ahead. CBA had good rates and only just under what the Thai banks were offering.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak