We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sarojin or Ramada?

London, United...
4 posts
The Sarojin or Ramada?

I am looking at going this May to the Sarojin however upon going through the forum I have now discovered The Ramada hotel too. I am after 10 days with a private pool which they both do and they come in at the same price, from the website the Ramada room size is nearly double that of the Sarojin room and both are decorated out nicely. Has anyone stayed at both hotels who could compare what they thought of each? What are the bars there like? Also with it being the low season which hotel area has more restaurants open near by as we don't want to eat everyday at the hotel.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: The Sarojin or Ramada?

The Ramada is a large 4* Full Service resort with a deservedly good reputation. It is ideally located on Bang Niang Beach with restaurants nearby on or overlooking the beach which in May mostly will be open but ith many others, bars, small shops and the threee afternoons a week (Mon, Wed, Sat) large Bang Niang Market in easy walking distance.

The 5* luxury boutique Sarojin is on Pak Weeb Beach, the most beautiful in Khao Lak but in May there will be just three restaurants on the adjacent White Sand Beach open Otherwise it is a 20/25 minute shuttle or taxi into Bang Niang and Bang La On.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: The Sarojin or Ramada?

Hi Jez,

I have stayed in both the pool rooms at these resorts. If I had a choice, I would probably go back to the ramada over the Sarojin (probably a controversial opinion).

I preferred the room at ramada, as you say, it was much bigger, the bathroom was divine and the pool was fantastic. It felt a lot more private than at the Sarojin. I also preferred the location as we could walk to the beach rd for dinner or the markets. We felt much more restricted at the Sarojin as you don't have the same amount of choice unless you want to take a taxi.

The ramada however cannot compete in terms of luxury. The breakfast at the Sarojin is simply amazing and accompanied by all the sparking wine you can handle. That being said, the ramada does have the best breakfast buffet I have ever tried.

The beach at Sarojin is also much nicer and looks like a postcard when the sea is blue. The main pool at the Sarojin looks exactly like in the brochures and was definitely a highlight for us.

All in all, if I had a choice, I would return to the ramada over the Sarojin but I hope to someday return to both.

Hope this has helped!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: The Sarojin or Ramada?

Having stayed at both resorts too (not in a private pool villa at the Ramada however), I would agree with Jocus. Notwithstanding, my view is that The Sarojin is more for couples (children over 12 allowed) who are after a relaxing, private and even romantic time away!

The Ramada is great, we loved it, and we went with our kids. It does not have a big resort feel, which is a huge positive. Step outside and you have the beach and restaurants at one end and at the main entrance, the road leads you to a huge selection of restaurants, as well as places to buy all that you need.

Hope this helps - have fun choosing the right place and an even better time when you get there!!

4. Re: The Sarojin or Ramada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2016, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak